Porting j2ee application developed in wsad to other app servers - Websphere

This is a discussion on Porting j2ee application developed in wsad to other app servers - Websphere ; hi all, Is it posible to port j2ee aplication developed in wsad to be deployed in other app servers eg: jrun. i tried that but that didnt work because there is a loat of websphere specfic jar dependency. Is it ...

  1. Porting j2ee application developed in wsad to other app servers

    hi all,
    Is it posible to port j2ee aplication developed in wsad to be deployed in other app servers eg: jrun. i tried that but that didnt work because there is a loat of websphere specfic jar dependency. Is it posible to export all the dependent jars along with the project so that there is no external dependency
    rahul

  2. Re: Porting j2ee application developed in wsad to other app servers

    java.rahulraj@gmail.com wrote:

    > hi all,
    > Is it posible to port j2ee aplication developed in wsad to be deployed in other app servers eg: jrun. i tried that but that didnt work because there is a loat of websphere specfic jar dependency. Is it posible to export all the dependent jars along with the project so that there is no external dependency
    > rahul

    hi,

    In general, no. You would have to find the functionally equivalent set
    of jars provided by jrun or whatever and use those in your apps. If jrun
    doesnt provide some feature that websphere does and your app is depended
    on a jar that uses this feature, there is nothing you can do about that
    short of porting that function to jrun.

    IIRC, WSAD, does provide a Tomcat test env., though I've never used it,
    so porting to Tomcat, should work ok.

    Regards,
    Kenneth

  3. Porting j2ee application developed in wsad to other app servers yes its posible

    Its posible to port accros different servers as long you dont use ibm specific classes i created a project in wsad and used it in jrun. i didnt use the access class features in it and it worked. If we realy want to use this feature then dont use the wizard but create the class manualy and remember not to generate deploy code. The rest of the usual features will work. you need to use the remote publishing app server and foollow the wizard.
    keep going
    Rahul

+ Reply to Thread