Invalid segment length (LL) of [0](help me) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Invalid segment length (LL) of [0](help me) - Websphere ; dear all, this issue is blocking our project for two weeks, could you please help us? About this question, I got the explanation for it from IBM( http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../rimsmess.html ) please kindly refer to the following: Explanation: The input message provided ...

  1. Invalid segment length (LL) of [0](help me)

    dear all,
    this issue is blocking our project for two weeks, could you please help us?

    About this question, I got the explanation for it from IBM(http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../rimsmess.html)
    please kindly refer to the following:
    Explanation: The input message provided by the Java program for the IMS application program contains a value for its segment length which is either negative, 0, or greater than the number of bytes of data in the message segment.
    User Action: Provide the correct value for the segment length of the input message.

    about the segment length of the input message, what does it means? how to put the right value for it?

    please refer to the exception:
    javax.resource.ResourceException: ICO0024E: com.ibm.connector2.ims.ico.IMSTCPIPM...@7ee09a45.buildInputMsg(Record) error. Invalid segment length (LL) of [0] in input object. [com.ibm.ims.ico.IMSInputOTMAMsg@75509a45.setAppDat a(byte[]): com.ibm.ims.ico.IMSConnResourceException]
    at com.ibm.connector2.ims.ico.IMSManagedConnection.bu ildInputMsg(IMSManagedConnection.java:397)
    at com.ibm.connector2.ims.ico.IMSTCPIPManagedConnecti on.callSendRecv(IMSTCPIPManagedConnection.java:299 )
    at com.ibm.connector2.ims.ico.IMSManagedConnection.ca ll(IMSManagedConnection.java:927)
    at com.ibm.connector2.ims.ico.IMSConnection.call(IMSC onnection.java:196)
    at com.ibm.connector2.ims.ico.IMSInteraction.execute( IMSInteraction.java:497)
    at com.rbc.yey0.ims.dealinquiry.TestDealInquiryImpl.i nvoke(TestDealInquiryImpl.java:124)
    at com.rbc.yey0.ims.dealinquiry.TestDealInquiryImpl.i nquiryDeal(TestDealInquiryImpl.java:40)
    at com.rbc.yey0.ims.dealinquiry.DealInquiryTesting.ma in(DealInquiryTesting.java:31)

  2. Re: Invalid segment length (LL) of [0](help me)

    Have you solved this problem?

  3. Re: Invalid segment length (LL) of [0](help me)

    set the ll segment length by using the generated format handler.

    Call formatHandler.getSize();

    E.g.

    outputHandler.setObjectPart(output);
    output.setLlzz__bufsize((short)outputHandler.getSi ze());

    Cheers,
    William

  4. Re: Invalid segment length (LL) of [0](help me)

    Hi Could you please tell me in what class this formatHanlder to be refferd and what is that output handler? It will be a great help if you can provide some more details about the same. I am struggling with problem for the last one week.

    Thanks!
    Kannan

  5. Re: Invalid segment length (LL) of [0](help me)

    Hi, I got the same exception when I use J2C tool to generate the data binding class. Could you please share the information if you solved the issue? Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread