Headless Ant error - Specified project "XXX" is not an EJB Project - Websphere

This is a discussion on Headless Ant error - Specified project "XXX" is not an EJB Project - Websphere ; I'm using WSAD 5.1.1 and trying to create an EJB jar using the headless feature of WSAD 5.1.1. I use runAnt.bat and have deployEjb and buildEjb in my build.xml file, but when I run it, I get an error: "C:\build-ws-base-dir\projects\BatchWsEjb\build.xml:68: ...

  1. Headless Ant error - Specified project "XXX" is not an EJB Project

    I'm using WSAD 5.1.1 and trying to create an EJB jar using the headless feature of WSAD 5.1.1.
    I use runAnt.bat and have deployEjb and buildEjb in my build.xml file, but when I run it, I get an error:

    "C:\build-ws-base-dir\projects\BatchWsEjb\build.xml:68: Specified project "BatchWsEjb" is not an EJB Project".

    On another machine it works fine and creates the jar
    (though a couple of times I saw the same error, but when I ran it again it worked), but it has to be portable.
    I compared classpath and path, do not see any difference.
    What could be the problem here?

    Just in case, here is related part of the classpath:

    C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio_5.1.1\eclipse\startup.jar;
    C:\apache-ant-1.6.2\lib\ant.jar;
    C:\apache-ant-1.6.2\lib\ant-launcher.jar
    C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio_5.1.1\runtimes\base_v51\java\lib\tools.jar;

    Thanks,
    Arkadiy

  2. Re: Headless Ant error - Specified project "XXX" is not an EJB Project

    I found, what was the problem.
    You need to run WSAD with -setworkspace option, point it to the folder with the source code and import projects one by one.
    Then you close WSAD and it will save projects information.
    When you will run the script, it will pick it up and recognize EJBs.

  3. Re: Headless Ant error - Specified project "XXX" is not an EJB Project

    Does this mean that you have to set up the workspace using WSAD before you can use the ant tasks supplied with WSAD? I was hoping to find a way to build the application from source control without any human intervention, and without having to manually update the workspace when new projects are added.

  4. Re: Headless Ant error - Specified project "XXX" is not an EJB Project

    Did you find a solution to this problem? I am having the same problem with WebSphere Integration Developer projects.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread