Show the file location in a package set in Package Explorer/Hierarchy pane ??? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Show the file location in a package set in Package Explorer/Hierarchy pane ??? - Websphere ; Assume I opened a class (e.g. test.java) in the source editor on the right side of the Java View in WebSphere Studio. I get there e.g. by an "Open Declaration" find operation. Ok, I could edit this source. But first ...

  1. Show the file location in a package set in Package Explorer/Hierarchy pane ???

    Assume I opened a class (e.g. test.java) in the source editor on the right side of the Java View in
    WebSphere Studio. I get there e.g. by an "Open Declaration" find operation.

    Ok, I could edit this source. But first I want to see where (in which of my several packages and projects)
    this file is currently located. Is there a key combination or menu which let my open
    the hierarchy tree in the package explorer/hierarchy pane on the left side and indicate this location?

    Is there an automatic "open" option in the preferences ?

    Tom

  2. Re: Show the file location in a package set in Package Explorer/Hierarchypane ???

    There's a button on the tab of that view that auto-links the editor and
    explorer. I believe it looks like a couple of arrows, one pointing left,
    the other pointing right.

    Tom Parson wrote:
    > Assume I opened a class (e.g. test.java) in the source editor on the right side of the Java View in
    > WebSphere Studio. I get there e.g. by an "Open Declaration" find operation.
    >
    > Ok, I could edit this source. But first I want to see where (in which of my several packages and projects)
    > this file is currently located. Is there a key combination or menu which let my open
    > the hierarchy tree in the package explorer/hierarchy pane on the left side and indicate this location?
    >
    > Is there an automatic "open" option in the preferences ?
    >
    > Tom

+ Reply to Thread