I am de developing a WebSphere 4 application for Japanese customers.
When user set language preference to Japanese in IE and submit a form
that contains Japanese characters, my servlet/JSP failed to get the
request parameter.

For example following is a simple form that contains a text box for
inputting Japanese character:

Enter Japaness characters

When user enter some Japanese characters and submit the form, I tried
to get the user's input using

request.getParameter("doc");

It return a zero length string.
This only happen when user set Japanese to be at the top of the
language preference in IE. This cause the following HTTP header:

accept-language: ja,en-us;q=0.7,zh-cn;q=0.3

Look like when this header contains ja before en-us, WAS 4 cannot get
request parameter containing Japanese characters.
Does anybody have a solution?