How to call the admin web page for Websphere ? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to call the admin web page for Websphere ? - Websphere ; Sorry for this newbie question: As far as I know I can call the admin web pages of my websphere server through a browser. What's the exact URL for the admin entry page? What's the standard login and password? Rod...

  1. How to call the admin web page for Websphere ?

    Sorry for this newbie question:

    As far as I know I can call the admin web pages of my websphere server through
    a browser. What's the exact URL for the admin entry page?

    What's the standard login and password?

    Rod

  2. Re: How to call the admin web page for Websphere ?

    In article , rnewton12@yahoo.com says...

    > As far as I know I can call the admin web pages of my websphere server through
    > a browser. What's the exact URL for the admin entry page?
    >
    > What's the standard login and password?

    http://servernameort/admin

    port will usually be 9090 (if you took defaults).

    Also default installation is with no security enabled, so you can use any text you want for
    userid and password, it won't be checked anywhere.

    You should likely start with the First Steps icon to help you around.
    --

    Juanma Martínez

  3. Re: How to call the admin web page for Websphere ?

    Rod Newton wrote:
    > Sorry for this newbie question:
    >
    > As far as I know I can call the admin web pages of my websphere

    server through
    > a browser. What's the exact URL for the admin entry page?
    >
    > What's the standard login and password?
    >
    > Rod

  4. Re: How to call the admin web page for Websphere ?

    Rod Newton wrote:
    > Sorry for this newbie question:
    >
    > As far as I know I can call the admin web pages of my websphere

    server through
    > a browser. What's the exact URL for the admin entry page?
    >
    > What's the standard login and password?
    >
    > Rod

  5. Re: How to call the admin web page for Websphere ?

    You need the HTTP transport for the admin host, which is usually 9090.
    The URL would then be http://was-host:9090/admin, replace was-host with
    the host of WebSphere. This is the URL if global security is
    disabled, which is the default. You will be prompted for a user id and
    no password.

    Chris

  6. Re: How to call the admin web page for Websphere ?

    Rod Newton wrote:

    >Sorry for this newbie question:
    >
    >As far as I know I can call the admin web pages of my websphere server through
    >a browser. What's the exact URL for the admin entry page?
    >
    >What's the standard login and password?
    >
    >Rod

    http://localhost:9090/admin. Without security turned on, any login will
    do and you won't be asked for a password. If security is turned on, then
    you'll need a login in the user registry you configured.

    Ken

  7. Re: How to call the admin web page for Websphere ?

    You can also run the admin page from inside WSAD from the Server
    Perspective by right clicking the server in the Server Configuration
    view and selecting 'Run administrative console'. Of course the server
    should already be started and you should have the administration console
    enabled in your server configuration.

    cheers
    -- dan

    Rod Newton wrote:
    > Sorry for this newbie question:
    >
    > As far as I know I can call the admin web pages of my websphere server through
    > a browser. What's the exact URL for the admin entry page?
    >
    > What's the standard login and password?
    >
    > Rod

  8. Re: How to call the admin web page for Websphere ?

    Rod,

    You can access the Admin Console for WebSphere at:

    _Version 5x_
    http://localhost:9090/admin
    http://:9090/admin

    _Version 6x_
    http://localhost:9060/admin
    http://localhost:9060/ibm/console
    http://:9060/admin
    http://:9060/ibm/console

    By default, security is not enabled so no userId or password are required.

    If security is enabled, you can access the Admin Console using the
    "server Id" which is the ID that is generally used to start and stop the
    Application Server.

    --
    David Brauneis
    IBM WebSphere Architecture & Development

    Rod Newton wrote:

    >Sorry for this newbie question:
    >
    >As far as I know I can call the admin web pages of my websphere server through
    >a browser. What's the exact URL for the admin entry page?
    >
    >What's the standard login and password?
    >
    >Rod

  9. Re: How to call the admin web page for Websphere ?

    Rod Newton wrote:

    >Sorry for this newbie question:
    >
    >As far as I know I can call the admin web pages of my websphere server through
    >a browser. What's the exact URL for the admin entry page?
    >
    >What's the standard login and password?
    >
    >Rod

+ Reply to Thread