connceting to a database - Websphere

This is a discussion on connceting to a database - Websphere ; im trying to connect to a database, sql server 2000. i have several questions: a) is it mandatory to have sql server installed on my machine? b) when itry to cennect using conection wizard i obtain a error: IWAS0126E this ...

  1. connceting to a database

    im trying to connect to a database, sql server 2000.
    i have several questions:

    a) is it mandatory to have sql server installed on my machine?

    b) when itry to cennect using conection wizard i obtain a error: IWAS0126E this error is about loading jbcd connector : 'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver''

    c) sould i load connector class as a separate file? where can i get it form?

    thank you very much

    luis torres.

  2. Re: connceting to a database

    a-It's not mandatory to install MS SQL on your machine
    You should have a TCP/IP connection to it and also enough privileges to connect to server.

    b-you should have SQL Server JDBC driver installed or available in your computer. as java need JDBC driver to connect to databases.

    c-you can get driver probably from www.microsoft.com/SQL/
    Also you can check http://servlet.java.sun.com/products/jdbc/drivers
    You can find all JDBC driver vendors there.
    There are some other companies which provide MS SQL, JDBC driver addition to Microsoft.

    i hope it help

  3. Re: connceting to a database

    o.k. thank you evry much.

    im working on b and c, if i have additional questions ill let you know.

    about a, houw can i do that? please expalin it to me more deteiled.

    thank you again

    luis torres.

  4. Re: connceting to a database

    you should have access to an SQL server instance
    e.g you should have access to computername/instancename
    in your network
    ,
    or you should install a personal edition of SQL server on your machine -enterprise server just can be installed on windows server editions-

    and then you can use localhost or 127.0.0.1/instanceName as the server

    i hope this help

  5. Re: connceting to a database

    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/...ls/DataDirect/

    --
    Thank you and regards,
    ---------------

    Tel: (603) 2026 4988
    ext: 107
    wrote in message
    news:297636678.1087838571705.JavaMail.wasadmin@swg 3ws006...
    im trying to connect to a database, sql server 2000.
    i have several questions:

    a) is it mandatory to have sql server installed on my machine?

    b) when itry to cennect using conection wizard i obtain a error: IWAS0126E
    this error is about loading jbcd connector :
    'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver''

    c) sould i load connector class as a separate file? where can i get it form?

    thank you very much

    luis torres.

  6. Re: connceting to a database

    i installed evaluation edition of sql server on my machine, i have a litte icon on my computer witha sql server running on it.

    even that i still get the same error for connecting to a sql database.

    please help me on this mattre.

    luis torres.

  7. Re: connceting to a database

    hi i do not haev /WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ folder .

    what do i have to do ?
    a)install websphere server?
    b) wich version? 5.0. 5.1, full or express?
    c)how do i intsll it? (if necesary)

    thank you very much

    luis torres.

  8. Re: connceting to a database

    Sorry I don't have the document to configure MSSQL connection from WSAD.
    Please try to find resources from redbooks.

    --
    Thank you and regards,
    ---------------

    wrote in message
    news:18387145.1087907640742.JavaMail.wasadmin@swg3 ws006...
    > hi i do not haev /WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ folder .
    >
    > what do i have to do ?
    > a)install websphere server?
    > b) wich version? 5.0. 5.1, full or express?
    > c)how do i intsll it? (if necesary)
    >
    > thank you very much
    >

    > luis torres.

+ Reply to Thread