Hi there - this is a tricky one. We have a Microsoft COM app which we are
exposing via web services using the Microsoft SOAP toolkit. The COM methods
tend to return multi-dimensional arrays. This was a problem until WSAD
5.1/WAS 5.0.2 but now it seems possible. Most of the methods work fine but
we have trouble where the XML is declaring an array of a certain size but
the actual size is smaller. I think this is because they contain null data
which the MS engine ignores. Here is an example where the array is declared
as 11,7 but the actual size is 2,7. We get a null pointer exception in
ArrayDeserializer.onStartChild as presumably it is trying to read beyond the
XML data. Is there any way to a) modify the behaviour of the serializer or
b) write a new serializer which would deserialize according to the amount of
data acutally present rather than as it is declared by the message below?

- SOAPSDK3ffset="[0,0]" SOAPSDK2:type="SOAPSDK3:Array">
6
3
9
4
5
2
8
Emily
Jones

Jacob
Smith

SOAPSDK2:type="SOAPSDK1:string">jonmell
Madison
Johnson

Michael
Williams

STL
test
SOAPSDK2:type="SOAPSDK1:string">jonmell1

Many thanks,

Jon