how to install JDBC drivers - Websphere

This is a discussion on how to install JDBC drivers - Websphere ; Hi i install websphere 5 and try to connect to my sql server but cannot find jdbc driver class path and can not find any jdbc driver pls tell me how can i install jdbc driver in my websphere with ...

  1. how to install JDBC drivers

    Hi

    i install websphere 5 and try to connect to my sql server but cannot find jdbc driver class path and can not find any jdbc driver

    pls tell me how can i install jdbc driver in my websphere

    with regards

  2. Re: how to install JDBC drivers

    as I can remember:

    1. go to download JDBC driver from Microsoft
    2. unzip it, there are 3 zip files and some readme
    3. use the WAS admin console to add "resource" - "jdbc driver"
    4. add an new item over there and point the classpath to these 3 files
    (I remember there is a trick here. you need to use ";" in between)
    5. add a datasource with any name here
    6. in your code, you may use it

    hope this help

    p.s.
    you can find more information by searching google

    wrote in message news:<1756179330.1081870968452.JavaMail.wasadmin@swg3ws0 06>...
    > Hi
    >
    > i install websphere 5 and try to connect to my sql server but cannot find jdbc driver class path and can not find any jdbc driver
    >
    > pls tell me how can i install jdbc driver in my websphere
    >
    > with regards

  3. Re: how to install JDBC drivers

    1] Open Admin Console of IBM Websphere Application Server and log in
    2]Click on Environment->Manage Websphere Variables in the left pane of Admin Console. Select Node radio button in the right pane (if it is not already selected) and click Apply. A list of predefined variables will be displayed below. Click on the `ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH` link.
    3]enter C:\xyz\your_driver_class_library_file as teh value of teh above ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH
    4] the your_driver_class_library_file should be present in a directory that is under the install root of the database.
    The above step will tell WAS where to look for JDBC driver class.

    After this you will have to create the datasources if you use CMP.

    If you use JDBC from your code then follow the following:

    1]Now come back to the home page and click on Environment->Shared Libraries in the left pane.
    2]Click on New in the displayed page in the right pane
    3]Enter some name and the your_driver_class_library_file with absolute path.

    4] After this add this shared lib o the application.

    Regards

    bora_pallav@rediffmail.com

+ Reply to Thread