JNDI binding error for deploying a CMP bean - Websphere

This is a discussion on JNDI binding error for deploying a CMP bean - Websphere ; Hi, I am encountering an error while deploying the CMP bean. WebSphere binding settings in bean tab of DD are JNDI Name: ejb/com/sbc/ept/mic/beans/emp/EmployeeLocalHome (location of my Home interface) CMP container Factory JNDI Name: micToplink container Authorization Type: Per_connection_Factory. In Overview ...

  1. JNDI binding error for deploying a CMP bean

    Hi,
    I am encountering an error while deploying the CMP bean.
    WebSphere binding settings in bean tab of DD are

    JNDI Name: ejb/com/sbc/ept/mic/beans/emp/EmployeeLocalHome
    (location of my Home interface)

    CMP container Factory JNDI Name:
    micToplink
    container Authorization Type: Per_connection_Factory.

    In Overview Tab of DD.
    ORACLE_V9_1 is the backend created using EJB to RDB Mapping.

    JNDI-CMP Connection Factory Binding
    JNDI Name: micToplink
    Container Authorization Type :Per_connection_Factory.

    The error is as shown below. Does anybody have any idea, what is the wrong here?

    [4/7/04 11:06:36:994 EST] 67a8fb45 EJBContainerI I WSVR0037I: Starting EJB jar: Sample.jar
    [4/7/04 11:06:39:073 EST] 67a8fb45 Helpers W NMSV0605W: A Reference object looked up from the context "java:" with the name "comp/PM/WebSphereCMPConnectionFactory" was sent to the JNDI Naming Manager and an exception resulted. Reference data follows:
    Reference Factory Class Name: com.ibm.ws.naming.util.IndirectJndiLookupObjectFac tory
    Reference Factory Class Location URLs:
    Reference Class Name: java.lang.Object
    Type: JndiLookupInfo
    Content: JndiLookupInfo: jndiName="eis/micToplink_CMP"; providerURL=""; initialContextFactory=""

    Exception data follows:
    javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: eis/micToplink_CMP
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doLookup(C NContextImpl.java:1503)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doLookup(C NContextImpl.java:1457)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.lookup(CNC ontextImpl.java:1167)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.lookup(WsnInitCt x.java:132)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext. java:359)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.IndirectJndiLookupObjectFac tory$1.run(IndirectJndiLookupObjectFactory.java:21 6)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.IndirectJndiLookupObjectFac tory.getObjectInstance(IndirectJndiLookupObjectFac tory.java:92)
    at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(N amingManager.java:313)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.Helpers.processSerializedOb jectForLookup(Helpers.java:884)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.urlbase.UrlContextHelper.process BoundObjectForLookup(UrlContextHelper.java:135)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.urlbase.UrlContext.lookup(UrlCon text.java:1227)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.urlbase.UrlContext.lookup(UrlCon text.java:1203)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.urlbase.UrlContext.lookup(UrlCon text.java:1257)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext. java:359)
    at com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.beanextensions.ConcreteB eanClassExtensionImpl.lookup(ConcreteBeanClassExte nsionImpl.java:727)
    at com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.beanextensions.ConcreteB eanClassExtensionImpl.getConnectionFactory(Concret eBeanClassExtensionImpl.java:260)
    at com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.beanextensions.PMModuleC ookieImpl.beanInstall(PMModuleCookieImpl.java:98)
    at com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.beanextensions.Persisten ceManagerImpl.beanInstall(PersistenceManagerImpl.j ava:69)
    at com.ibm.ejs.container.EJSContainer.loadBeanMetaDat a(EJSContainer.java:1293)
    at com.ibm.ejs.container.EJSContainer.getHomeWrapperC ommon(EJSContainer.java:958)
    at com.ibm.ejs.container.EJSContainer.getHomeInstance (EJSContainer.java:881)
    at com.ibm.ejs.container.EJSContainer.startBean(EJSCo ntainer.java:860)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.star tBean(EJBContainerImpl.java:1249)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.inst all(EJBContainerImpl.java:982)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.star t(EJBContainerImpl.java:1456)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.st art(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:401)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationIm pl.fireDeployedObjectStart(DeployedApplicationImpl .java:743)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.st art(DeployedModuleImpl.java:337)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationIm pl.start(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:531)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.st artApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:254)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.st art(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:232)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.startCo mponents(ContainerImpl.java:343)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.start(C ontainerImpl.java:234)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationServerImpl .start(ApplicationServerImpl.java:117)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.startCo mponents(ContainerImpl.java:343)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.start(C ontainerImpl.java:234)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ServerImpl.start(Serv erImpl.java:182)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.start(WsServer.java:13 5)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.main(WsServer.java:232 )
    at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.ja va:94)
    at com.ibm.etools.websphere.tools.runner.api.ServerRu nnerV5$1.run(ServerRunnerV5.java:97)

    [4/7/04 11:06:39:385 EST] 67a8fb45 Helpers W NMSV0610I: A NamingException is being thrown from a javax.naming.Context implementation. Details follow:
    Context implementation: com.ibm.ws.naming.java.javaURLContextRoot
    Context method: lookup(Name)
    Context name: java:
    Target name: comp/PM/WebSphereCMPConnectionFactory
    Other data:
    Exception stack trace: com.ibm.websphere.naming.CannotInstantiateObjectEx ception: Exception occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a javax.naming.Reference object. Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: eis/micToplink_CMP
[...]

  2. Re: JNDI binding error for deploying a CMP bean

    Does you app.server have datasource with 'micToplink' JNDI name?
    And does this datasource have checkbox 'Use this datasource in CMP' checked?

    Looking at log file you've provided, I guess that your app.server does NOT

    "vandhanapu" wrote in message
    news:54714048.1081354964780.JavaMail.wasadmin@swg3 ws006...
> [...]

    > at

    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationServerImpl .start(ApplicationServerIm
    pl.java:117)
    > at

    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.startCo mponents(ContainerImpl.jav
    a:343)
    > at

    com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.start(C ontainerImpl.java:234)
    > at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ServerImpl.start(Serv erImpl.java:182)
    > at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.start(WsServer.java:13 5)
    > at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.main(WsServer.java:232 )
    > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    > at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.ja va:94)
    > at

    com.ibm.etools.websphere.tools.runner.api.ServerRu nnerV5$1.run(ServerRunnerV

  3. Re: JNDI binding error for deploying a CMP bean

    Yes, Check box was missing while creating datasource .
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread