Re: Cannot Generate Deployment Code - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Cannot Generate Deployment Code - Websphere ; I too have this problem, but in a J2EE project that works fine in v5.0.x and fails in v5.1.0.x. There are no compilation/validation errors in the EJB, nor are there any errors at all displayed in the Tasks view (although ...

  1. Re: Cannot Generate Deployment Code

    I too have this problem, but in a J2EE project that works fine in v5.0.x and
    fails in v5.1.0.x. There are no compilation/validation errors in the EJB,
    nor are there any errors at all displayed in the Tasks view (although
    warnings abound in v5.1.0).

    An associate found this same problem with generating RMIC in v5.1.0. But
    oddly, he found it in a new J2EE project he created; one in which the EJBs
    were all created by WSAD.

    Any ideas?

    - Jay

    news:978e8e33.0403301824.32953678@posting.google.c om...

    news:<508463793.1080661014714.JavaMail.wasadmin@swg3ws00 6>...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I recently upgraded to WSAD 5.0 on a Windows XP Professional PC

    (software was originally on Windows NT).

    09:38:00.522 ---------------------------------------------
    > > java.fullversion=J2RE 1.3.1 IBM Windows 32 build cn131-20020710 (JIT

    enabled: jitc)
    > > BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    > > Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

    Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\.\eclipse\eclipse.exe -data
    c:\wsad5\workspace -install file:C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere
    Studio/eclipse/
    > > !ENTRY com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy 4 0 Mar 30, 2004 09:38:00.522
    > > !MESSAGE
    > > !STACK 0
    > > com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICException: RMIC Command returns RC = 1. The

    problems which stopped RMIC are displayed, and have also been recorded in
    the log file.
    > > at

    com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICClassLoader.runCompile(RMI CClassLoader.java:206)
    > > at

    com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.invokeRMICInJVM( RMICOperation.java:522)
    > > at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.rmic(RMICOperati on.java:619)
    > > at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.build(RMICOperat ion.java:92)
    > > at

    com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.generateStubs(RM ICOperation.java:217)
    > > at com.ibm.etools.rmic.RMICOperation.run(RMICOperatio n.java:698)
    > > at

    com.ibm.etools.j2ee.common.ui.RunnableWithProgress Wrapper.run(RunnableWithPr
    ogressWrapper.java:58)
    > > at

    org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurr entThread(ModalContext.jav
    a:299)
    > > at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(Modal Context.java:249)
    > > at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDi alog.java:720)
    > > at

    com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICBeans Operation.generateRMICCode
    (DeployRMICBeansOperation.java:258)
    > > at

    com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICBeans Operation.run(DeployRMICBe
    ansOperation.java:579)
    > > at

    org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run( Workspace.java:1378)
    > > at

    com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICPage. performFinish(DeployRMICPa
    ge.java:446)
    > > at

    com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.DeployRMICWizar d.performFinish(DeployRMIC
    Wizard.java:83)
    > > at

    org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPresse d(WizardDialog.java:577)
    > > at

    org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPresse d(WizardDialog.java:312)
    > > at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$1.widgetSelected( Dialog.java:407)
    > > at

    org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent( TypedListener.java:87)
    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Event Table.java(Compiled

    Code))
    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va:827)
    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents( Display.java:1529)
    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Di splay.java:1291)
    > > at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Windo w.java:562)
    > > at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:5 42)
    > > at

    com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.ui.plugin.EJBDeployMenuAc tion.run(EJBDeployMenuActi
    on.java:165)
    > > at

    org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent( PluginAction.java:210)
    > > at

    org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.ha ndleWidgetSelection(Action
    ContributionItem.java:407)
    > > at

    org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.ha ndleWidgetEvent(ActionCont
    ributionItem.java:361)
    > > at

    org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.ac cess$0(ActionContributionI
    tem.java:352)
    > > at

    org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$Ac tionListener.handleEvent(A
    ctionContributionItem.java:47)
    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Event Table.java(Compiled

    Code))
    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va:827)
    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents( Display.java:1529)
    > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Di splay.java:1291)
    > > at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Wor kbench.java:1343)
    > > at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.ja va:1326)
    > > at

    org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader. run(InternalBootLoader.jav
    a:831)
    > > at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.ja va:462)
    > > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    > > at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java: 247)
    > > at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:703)
    > > at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:539)
    > >

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Emilio

  2. Re: Cannot Generate Deployment Code

    I guess this is not a moderated news group....

    --
    "Personally I'm always ready to learn,
    although I do not always like being taught."

    - Sir Winston Churchill
    "JayBofMA" wrote in message
> [...]

    > Code))
    > > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va:827)
    > > > at

    org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents( Display.java:1529)
    > > > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Di splay.java:1291)
    > > > at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Wor kbench.java:1343)
    > > > at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.ja va:1326)
    > > > at

    org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader. run(InternalBootLoader.jav
    > a:831)
    > > > at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.ja va:462)
    > > > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    > > > at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java: 247)
    > > > at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:703)
    > > > at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:539)

  3. Re: Cannot Generate Deployment Code

    JayBofMA wrote:

    >I guess this is not a moderated news group....

    Correct.
    Ken

+ Reply to Thread