WSAD 5.1.1 fixes - Websphere

This is a discussion on WSAD 5.1.1 fixes - Websphere ; Hi - I'm trying to apply the fixes to WSAD 5.1.1 to allow the Portal Toolkit 5.0.2 to be plugged into WSAD. When I tried to install the toolkit, I got the following error message telling me that fixes need ...

  1. WSAD 5.1.1 fixes

    Hi -

    I'm trying to apply the fixes to WSAD 5.1.1 to allow the Portal Toolkit 5.0.2 to be plugged into WSAD. When I tried to install the toolkit, I got the following error message telling me that fixes need to be applied
    PQ76567
    PQ78166
    PQ81248
    WAS_CM_08-12-2003_5.0.2-5.0.1_cumulative_Fix
    I downloaded the fix pack (fixpack2) and have followed the instructions but continually get hammered, because the fix can't be found. I present the script below, and wonder if someone with a little more objectivity can see any discrepancy.

    C:\Program Files\WebSphere\PortalServer\update\fixpack2>updatePortal -fixpack -installDir C:\Program Files\WebSphere\PortalServer" -fixpackDir "C:\Program File
    s\WebSphere\PortalServer\update\fixpack2" -install -fixpackID fixpack2
    Start of [ updatePortal ]
    Build 20031217_0854

    Verifying installer jar:
    [ PortalUpdateInstaller.jar ]

    Set encoding: console
    Copyright (c) IBM Corporation 2002; All rights reserved.
    WebSphere Portal Version 5
    Update Installer Version 1.5, Dated 9/24/03

    Fix pack update specified
    Fix pack directory: C:\Program Files\WebSphere\PortalServer\update\fixpack2
    Installation specified
    Fix pack: fixpack2
    Target product directory: C:\Program Files\WebSphere\PortalServer
    Warning: Configuration property WasUserid was not specified, if WAS security is
    enabled some actions may fail.
    Warning: Configuration property WasPassword was not specified, if WAS security i
    s enabled some actions may fail.
    Configuration Properties:
    WAS Home:C:/Program Files/WebSphere/AppServer
    CellNamec4023
    NodeNamec4023
    ServerName:WebSphere_Portal
    WAS DMgr processing:false
    Checking the status of all Application Servers

    The specified fix pack does not exist
    fixpack2

    End of [ updatePortal ]

    C:\Program Files\WebSphere\PortalServer\update\fixpack2>

    Any help would be most appreciated

    ajc

  2. Re: WSAD 5.1.1 fixes

    Shouldn't fixpackID be WP_PTF_502 rather than fixpack2?

    Jon

    "ajc15" wrote in message
    news:1114517381.1081222251367.JavaMail.wasadmin@sw g3ws006...
    > Hi -
    >
    > I'm trying to apply the fixes to WSAD 5.1.1 to allow the Portal Toolkit

    5.0.2 to be plugged into WSAD. When I tried to install the toolkit, I got
    the following error message telling me that fixes need to be applied
    > PQ76567
    > PQ78166
    > PQ81248
    > WAS_CM_08-12-2003_5.0.2-5.0.1_cumulative_Fix
    > I downloaded the fix pack (fixpack2) and have followed the instructions

    but continually get hammered, because the fix can't be found. I present the
    script below, and wonder if someone with a little more objectivity can see
    any discrepancy.

    > __________________________________________________ _______
    >
    > C:\Program

    Files\WebSphere\PortalServer\update\fixpack2>updatePortal -fixpack -installD
    ir C:\Program Files\WebSphere\PortalServer" -fixpackDir "C:\Program File
    > s\WebSphere\PortalServer\update\fixpack2" -install -fixpackID fixpack2
    > Start of [ updatePortal ]
    > Build 20031217_0854
    >
    > Verifying installer jar:
    > [ PortalUpdateInstaller.jar ]
    >
    > Set encoding: console
    > Copyright (c) IBM Corporation 2002; All rights reserved.
    > WebSphere Portal Version 5
    > Update Installer Version 1.5, Dated 9/24/03
    >
    > Fix pack update specified
    > Fix pack directory: C:\Program

    Files\WebSphere\PortalServer\update\fixpack2
    > Installation specified
    > Fix pack: fixpack2
    > Target product directory: C:\Program Files\WebSphere\PortalServer
    > Warning: Configuration property WasUserid was not specified, if WAS

    security is
    > enabled some actions may fail.
    > Warning: Configuration property WasPassword was not specified, if WAS

    security i
    > s enabled some actions may fail.
    > Configuration Properties:
    > WAS Home:C:/Program Files/WebSphere/AppServer
    > CellNamec4023
    > NodeNamec4023
    > ServerName:WebSphere_Portal
    > WAS DMgr processing:false
    > Checking the status of all Application Servers
    >

    > The specified fix pack does not exist
    > fixpack2
    >

    > End of [ updatePortal ]
    >
    > C:\Program Files\WebSphere\PortalServer\update\fixpack2>
    >
    > __________________________________________________ _____________
    >
    > Any help would be most appreciated
    >
    > ajc

  3. Re: WSAD 5.1.1 fixes

    Thanks Jon, I am new to this environment and assumed the fix name would be the name of the directory I had created to contain the fixes. After printing (then reading) the doco, names and additional info were located further into the document
    again - many thanks for the reply

    ajc

  4. Re: WSAD 5.1.1 fixes

    Hi!
    I suggest to use the updatewizard.bat file from the appserver/update directory to install any fixes or fixpacks.

  5. Re: WSAD 5.1.1 fixes

    In article <1114517381.1081222251367.JavaMail.wasadmin@swg3ws0 06>,
    adrian@uow.edu.au says...
    > I'm trying to apply the fixes to WSAD 5.1.1 to allow the Portal Toolkit 5.0.2 to be plugged into WSAD.

    Portal Toolkit 5.0.2 is not supported on WSAD 5.1.1 (besides it doesn't
    work right).
    --
    Juanma Martinez

+ Reply to Thread