How to find out about when EAR file was built programmatically? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to find out about when EAR file was built programmatically? - Websphere ; Hi: I want to find out the date the EAR file was built programmatically? Is it possible? The reason I need this is that, my customer wants “build date” info on the page. I am currently doing this by hardcoding ...

  1. How to find out about when EAR file was built programmatically?

    Hi:

    I want to find out the date the EAR file was built programmatically? Is
    it possible?

    The reason I need this is that, my customer wants “build date” info on
    the page. I am currently doing this by hardcoding it in the footer.jsp
    page. But unfortunately I have modify this file for every build. Is it
    possible that I can get this info from the EAR file??

    Like
    1. What is the name of the ear file?( If I can know this then I can
    change the naming convention to reflect the date the ear file was built?)
    2. When was it built?

    Let me know if can help me.

    Thanks

    Shrihas.

    Shrihas Shah
    NYS Office for Technology

  2. Re: How to find out about when EAR file was built programmatically?

    You might put the version info in a file e.g. ./WEB-INF/config/version.xml
    and your application will get the version info form that file. With ANT, you
    can get it updated automatically.

    locale="en"/>

    file="${web.app.dir}/WEB-INF/config/version.xml"
    token="%%timestamp%%"
    value="${version-timestamp}"
    />

    HTH.

    "Shrihas Shah" wrote in message
    > Hi:
    >
    > I want to find out the date the EAR file was built programmatically? Is
    > it possible?
    >
    > The reason I need this is that, my customer wants “build date” info on
    > the page. I am currently doing this by hardcoding it in the footer.jsp
    > page. But unfortunately I have modify this file for every build. Is it
    > possible that I can get this info from the EAR file??
    >
    > Like
    > 1. What is the name of the ear file?( If I can know this then I can
    > change the naming convention to reflect the date the ear file was built?)
    > 2. When was it built?
    >
    > Let me know if can help me.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Shrihas.