java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL - Websphere

This is a discussion on java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL - Websphere ; I am using WSAD 5.1.0, with all the latest fixes. When I call an ejb from the ejb test client, I am getting the following exception: java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is: java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; ...

  1. java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL

    I am using WSAD 5.1.0, with all the latest fixes. When I call an ejb from
    the ejb test client, I am getting the following exception:

    java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested
    exception is:
    java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; nested exception
    is:
    org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : null
    minor code: 4942F89A completed: No
    java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; nested exception is:
    org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : null
    minor code: 4942F89A completed: No
    org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : null
    minor code: 4942F89A completed: No

    I have successfully deployed some beans, but suddenly I started seeing this
    message. Does anyone know what is happening? What kind of problem could
    generate this exception? I verified that all the classes which are passed to
    and from the ejb are Serializable, but then I got stuck.

    TIA,

    Taciano Perez

  2. Re: java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL

    Taciano Perez wrote:

    >I am using WSAD 5.1.0, with all the latest fixes. When I call an ejb from
    >the ejb test client, I am getting the following exception:
    >
    >java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested
    >exception is:
    > java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; nested exception
    >is:
    > org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : null
    >minor code: 4942F89A completed: No
    >java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; nested exception is:
    > org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : null
    >minor code: 4942F89A completed: No
    >org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : null
    >minor code: 4942F89A completed: No
    >
    >I have successfully deployed some beans, but suddenly I started seeing this
    >message. Does anyone know what is happening? What kind of problem could
    >generate this exception? I verified that all the classes which are passed to
    >and from the ejb are Serializable, but then I got stuck.
    >
    >TIA,
    >
    >Taciano Perez

    When I've gotten this error, it's because my client is using a different
    version of a class than my server. For example, I update a class that's
    used as a parameter to the EJB, and update the .class file in WebSphere
    - BUT, I've forgotten to update it in my client app.

    Ken

  3. Re: java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL

    "Ken Hygh" escreveu na mensagem
    > Taciano Perez wrote:
    >
    > >I am using WSAD 5.1.0, with all the latest fixes. When I call an ejb from
    > >the ejb test client, I am getting the following exception:
    > >
    > >java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread;

    nested
    > >exception is:
    > > java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; nested exception
    > >is:
    > > org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge :

    null
    > >minor code: 4942F89A completed: No
    > >java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; nested exception

    is:
    > > org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge :

    null
    > >minor code: 4942F89A completed: No
    > >org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : null
    > >minor code: 4942F89A completed: No
    > >
    > >I have successfully deployed some beans, but suddenly I started seeing

    this
    > >message. Does anyone know what is happening? What kind of problem could
    > >generate this exception? I verified that all the classes which are passed

    > >and from the ejb are Serializable, but then I got stuck.
    > >
    > >TIA,
    > >
    > >Taciano Perez
    > >

    > When I've gotten this error, it's because my client is using a different
    > version of a class than my server. For example, I update a class that's
    > used as a parameter to the EJB, and update the .class file in WebSphere
    > - BUT, I've forgotten to update it in my client app.
    >
    > Ken

    Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I don't think this is my situation.
    What happens is that I don't have a client app, I'm just using the ejb test
    client that comes with WSAD. I understand that the client and the server are
    both running in the same JVM. I've tried clicking F5 and "Rebuild All"
    several times to ensure everything is up-to-date, but problem is still
    happening.

    Any other ideas?

    Taciano

  4. Re: java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL

    Check to see that you don't have any old versions of the classes in .jar
    files (that you have created from old code) situated in your ear or on your
    classpath. These may be reached and used before your compiled and up to date
    code when the ejb test client is run.

    Hope this helps

    Andreas

    "Taciano Perez" wrote in message

    > "Ken Hygh" escreveu na mensagem
    > > Taciano Perez wrote:
    > >
    > > >I am using WSAD 5.1.0, with all the latest fixes. When I call an ejb

    from
    > > >the ejb test client, I am getting the following exception:
    > > >
    > > >java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread;

    > nested
    > > >exception is:
    > > > java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; nested

    exception
    > > >is:
    > > > org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge :

    > null
    > > >minor code: 4942F89A completed: No
    > > >java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; nested

    exception
    > is:
    > > > org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge :

    > null
    > > >minor code: 4942F89A completed: No
    > > >org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge :

    null
    > > >minor code: 4942F89A completed: No
    > > >
    > > >I have successfully deployed some beans, but suddenly I started seeing

    > this
    > > >message. Does anyone know what is happening? What kind of problem could
    > > >generate this exception? I verified that all the classes which are

    passed
    > > >and from the ejb are Serializable, but then I got stuck.
    > > >
    > > >TIA,
    > > >
    > > >Taciano Perez
    > > >

    > > When I've gotten this error, it's because my client is using a different
    > > version of a class than my server. For example, I update a class that's
    > > used as a parameter to the EJB, and update the .class file in WebSphere
    > > - BUT, I've forgotten to update it in my client app.
    > >
    > > Ken
    > >

    > Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I don't think this is my

    situation.
    > What happens is that I don't have a client app, I'm just using the ejb

    test
    > client that comes with WSAD. I understand that the client and the server

    are
    > both running in the same JVM. I've tried clicking F5 and "Rebuild All"
    > several times to ensure everything is up-to-date, but problem is still
    > happening.
    >
    > Any other ideas?
    >
    > Taciano

+ Reply to Thread