Signon window - in background for 5.1.0.2 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Signon window - in background for 5.1.0.2 - Websphere ; Why do we have to waste time waiting for signon windows that are always displayed in the background? Since we are waiting to enter things into them, It would make more sense to have them come up where we see ...

  1. Signon window - in background for 5.1.0.2

    Why do we have to waste time waiting for signon windows that are always
    displayed in the background? Since we are waiting to enter things into
    them, It would make more sense to have them come up where we see them and
    enter quick as they are available, instead of hiding them.

    Dwight HoganCamp
    Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

  2. Re: Signon window - in background for 5.1.0.2

    What sign on window would you be referring to?

    Peter
    Dwight HoganCamp wrote:

    > Why do we have to waste time waiting for signon windows that are always
    > displayed in the background? Since we are waiting to enter things into
    > them, It would make more sense to have them come up where we see them and
    > enter quick as they are available, instead of hiding them.
    >
    > Dwight HoganCamp
    > Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

  3. Re: Signon window - in background for 5.1.0.2

    Logon to iseries. You bring up WSDC with RSE Perspective. When you click on
    any iseries items, it comes up with the iseries logon which is fine. The
    problem is that the logon screen is in the background. If you have the WSDC
    panel small enough the top edge of the logon screen shows a little bit. If
    you have a full screen, it just puts the logon on the in back of what you
    are working on and stops. There is no indicator other than the hourglass
    saying it is waiting. What is wrong with having the Signon panel appear on
    top where you know what you have to do.

    Dwight

    "Peter Manahan" wrote in message
    > What sign on window would you be referring to?
    >
    > Peter
    > Dwight HoganCamp wrote:
    >
    > > Why do we have to waste time waiting for signon windows that are always
    > > displayed in the background? Since we are waiting to enter things into
    > > them, It would make more sense to have them come up where we see them

    and
    > > enter quick as they are available, instead of hiding them.
    > >
    > > Dwight HoganCamp
    > > Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

  4. Re: Signon window - in background for 5.1.0.2

    I have never seen it. If you mention it on the I-series newsgroup you'll
    have better luck at having someone look at it.

    Peter

    Dwight HoganCamp wrote:
    > Logon to iseries. You bring up WSDC with RSE Perspective. When you click on
    > any iseries items, it comes up with the iseries logon which is fine. The
    > problem is that the logon screen is in the background. If you have the WSDC
    > panel small enough the top edge of the logon screen shows a little bit. If
    > you have a full screen, it just puts the logon on the in back of what you
    > are working on and stops. There is no indicator other than the hourglass
    > saying it is waiting. What is wrong with having the Signon panel appear on
    > top where you know what you have to do.
    >
    > Dwight
    >
    > "Peter Manahan" wrote in message
    >
    >>What sign on window would you be referring to?
    >>
    >>Peter
    >>Dwight HoganCamp wrote:
    >>

    >>>Why do we have to waste time waiting for signon windows that are always
    >>>displayed in the background? Since we are waiting to enter things into
    >>>them, It would make more sense to have them come up where we see them

    > and
    >
    >>>enter quick as they are available, instead of hiding them.
    >>>
    >>>Dwight HoganCamp
    >>>Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

+ Reply to Thread