WSAD 5.1.1 Upgrade - Websphere

This is a discussion on WSAD 5.1.1 Upgrade - Websphere ; I am trying to figure out how to upgrade my WSAD 5.1 to WSAD 5.1.1. The only option I see at the moment is to download the trial version of 5.1.1 - am I missing something? I can't find any ...

  1. WSAD 5.1.1 Upgrade

    I am trying to figure out how to upgrade my WSAD 5.1 to WSAD 5.1.1. The
    only option I see at the moment is to download the trial version of 5.1.1 -
    am I missing something? I can't find any documentation on the IBM website
    regarding 5.1.1.

    Is Trial another word for Beta? Is 5.1.1 a beta, and not available for
    general consumption yet?

  2. Re: WSAD 5.1.1 Upgrade

    Where did you get WSAD 5.1 the first time? I assume 5.1.1 is in the same
    place. I know its on passport advantage at least. 5.1.1 has been
    available for a couple of months. The trial version is just that a time
    limited version for trying it out. It isn't a beta.

    Peter

    Ed Hansen wrote:
    > I am trying to figure out how to upgrade my WSAD 5.1 to WSAD 5.1.1. The
    > only option I see at the moment is to download the trial version of 5.1.1 -
    > am I missing something? I can't find any documentation on the IBM website
    > regarding 5.1.1.
    >
    > Is Trial another word for Beta? Is 5.1.1 a beta, and not available for
    > general consumption yet?

  3. Re: WSAD 5.1.1 Upgrade

    In article , edha@vsp.com says...
    > Is Trial another word for Beta? Is 5.1.1 a beta, and not available for
    > general consumption yet?

    No, 5.1.1 is not a beta, there is a trial version (as there also was) for
    5.1 and previous versions and a licensed version you can get if you are
    entitled to the upgrade (or buy if not), but it is not an incremental
    update to 5.1, it is a new installation.
    --
    Juanma Martinez

  4. Re: WSAD 5.1.1 Upgrade

    On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:43:48 -0800, Ed Hansen wrote:

    >I am trying to figure out how to upgrade my WSAD 5.1 to WSAD 5.1.1. The
    >only option I see at the moment is to download the trial version of 5.1.1 -
    >am I missing something? I can't find any documentation on the IBM website
    >regarding 5.1.1.

    >Is Trial another word for Beta? Is 5.1.1 a beta, and not available for
    >general consumption yet?

    No it's not another word for "Beta".

    Have a look at my answer to c2b46o$73ru$1@news.boulder.ibm.com in
    ibm.software.websphere.studio.application-site-developer where Frank
    asked almost the same question.

    HTH
    --
    eo quod in multa sapientia multa sit indignatio et qui addit scientiam addat et laborem