WSAD 5.1.1 60 Day Trial Expiration - Websphere

This is a discussion on WSAD 5.1.1 60 Day Trial Expiration - Websphere ; My 60 day trial of 5.1.1 has just expired. Unfortunately I was unable to get as much hands-on time as I was hoping during that period. I still have the downloads, however uninstalling and re-installing has not enabled me to ...

  1. WSAD 5.1.1 60 Day Trial Expiration

    My 60 day trial of 5.1.1 has just expired. Unfortunately I was unable to get
    as much hands-on time as I was hoping during that period.

    I still have the downloads, however uninstalling and re-installing has not
    enabled me to get past the 60 day check (you tricky fellows).

    Besides setting my clock back 60 days (which I'm not sure will work in any
    case), is there a work around?

    TIA
    Rick

  2. Re: WSAD 5.1.1 60 Day Trial Expiration

    Rick wrote:
    > My 60 day trial of 5.1.1 has just expired. Unfortunately I was unable to get
    > as much hands-on time as I was hoping during that period.
    >
    > I still have the downloads, however uninstalling and re-installing has not
    > enabled me to get past the 60 day check (you tricky fellows).
    >
    > Besides setting my clock back 60 days (which I'm not sure will work in any
    > case), is there a work around?
    >
    > TIA
    > Rick

    Hmmm,

    Not to be appearing tooo cynical but... it seems that what you are
    asking for is a crack so that you can get around the trial expiry.
    Sounds a lot like requests I see on some game fora starting with "I lost
    my CD key...".

    Buying the real version would get around the "problem" ;-)

    The real (non-trial) version would also be eligible for upgrades with
    update manager.

    Mike

  3. Re: WSAD 5.1.1 60 Day Trial Expiration

    "M.Hockings" wrote in message
    > Rick wrote:
    > > My 60 day trial of 5.1.1 has just expired. Unfortunately I was unable to

    get
    > > as much hands-on time as I was hoping during that period.
    > >
    > > I still have the downloads, however uninstalling and re-installing has

    not
    > > enabled me to get past the 60 day check (you tricky fellows).
    > >
    > > Besides setting my clock back 60 days (which I'm not sure will work in

    any
    > > case), is there a work around?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > > Rick

    > Hmmm,
    >
    > Not to be appearing tooo cynical but... it seems that what you are
    > asking for is a crack so that you can get around the trial expiry.
    > Sounds a lot like requests I see on some game fora starting with "I lost
    > my CD key...".
    >
    > Buying the real version would get around the "problem" ;-)
    >
    > The real (non-trial) version would also be eligible for upgrades with
    > update manager.
    >
    > Mike

    Yes Mike, that is quite true. Thank you for pointing that out. I have no
    current intention of actually purchasing a copy yet (unless, it's like,
    $20CA), I'm just evaluating it in light of the possibility of a roll-out in
    my work environment. I actually know very little about JAVA in fact, but am
    comfortable with the 60s style programming languages (OK language).

    I must bear in mind that Eclipse offers a no-strings-attached version as
    well, which I'm sure is much less functional.

    In any case, the rudimentary date change hack seems to have worked, so I'll
    see what's what. I appreciate your reply. Sort of makes you wonder why there
    is any expiration date at all doesn't it?

    Rick

  4. Re: WSAD 5.1.1 60 Day Trial Expiration

    Rick Bigelow wrote:
    > I must bear in mind that Eclipse offers a no-strings-attached version as
    > well, which I'm sure is much less functional.

    Actually a HUGE amount of the function and feature, not to mention feel
    of WSAD is Eclipse. I'd say go ahead and do preliminary evaluations with
    the latest Eclipse 2.1 or check out myeclipseide.com for a loaded up
    version of the IDE that comes very close to your proposed license price
    point. 8-) Now I'm not saying that these approach the functionality of
    WSAD 5 for WAS development, especially the JSP side, but they are very
    useful "slow and steady" evaluation tools.

+ Reply to Thread