Can WSAD 5.1 and 5.1.1 co-exist on the Same Machine? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Can WSAD 5.1 and 5.1.1 co-exist on the Same Machine? - Websphere ; I am trying to install WSAD 5.1 on win 2k professional SP4 and am getting the errors below. I already have WSAD 5.1.1 installed. WHy install 5.1 you may ask? To use the Portlet Toolkit 5.0.2. All help is appreciated. ...

  1. Can WSAD 5.1 and 5.1.1 co-exist on the Same Machine?

    I am trying to install WSAD 5.1 on win 2k professional SP4 and am getting
    the errors below. I already have WSAD 5.1.1 installed. WHy install 5.1 you
    may ask? To use the Portlet Toolkit 5.0.2. All help is appreciated.

    Errors occurred during the installation.
    a.. An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log
    file D:\Devapps\WSAD\WSAD5.1\logs\install.log for details.
    b.. An error occurred and product uninstallation failed. Look at the log
    file D:\Devapps\WSAD\WSAD5.1\logs\install.log for details.
    c..
    (Feb 20, 2004 3:30:56 PM), Setup.product.install,
    com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet, err, An error occurred and
    product installation failed. Look at the log file
    D:\Devapps\WSAD\WSAD5.1\logs\install.log for details.
    (Feb 20, 2004 3:30:56 PM), Setup.product.install,
    com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet, err, ProductException: (error
    code = 601; message="err"; additional data = [java.io.EOFException:
    Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream])
    STACK_TRACE: 12
    ProductException: (error code = 601; message="err"; additional data =
    [java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream])
    at com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet.instal l(Unknown Source)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl.install
    ProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1916 )
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$Install
    Product.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductS erviceImpl.java:5150)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitComp
    onent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:369)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitInst
    allableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:33 3)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitProd
    uctBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$Install
    Product.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:45 33)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$Install
    er.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3728)
    at
    com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOpera tion.run(AsynchronousOpera
    tion.java:40)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:566)

    (Feb 20, 2004 3:30:56 PM), Setup.product.install,
    com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$Install
    Product, err, An error occurred and product uninstallation failed. Look at
    the log file D:\Devapps\WSAD\WSAD5.1\logs\install.log for details.
    (Feb 20, 2004 3:30:56 PM), Setup.product.install,
    com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet, err,
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    STACK_TRACE: 12
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ibm.mby.install.beans.InstallArchiveSet.uninst all(Unknown Source)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl.uninsta
    llProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:19 47)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$Install
    Product.processActionsFailed(PureJavaProductServic eImpl.java:5093)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitComp
    onent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:374)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitInst
    allableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:33 3)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.Installa bleObjectVisitor.visitProd
    uctBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$Install
    Product.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:45 33)
    at
    com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJava ProductServiceImpl$Install
    er.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3728)
    at
    com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOpera tion.run(AsynchronousOpera
    tion.java:40)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:566)

  2. Re: Can WSAD 5.1 and 5.1.1 co-exist on the Same Machine?

    In article , mantis713@comcast.net
    says...
    > I am trying to install WSAD 5.1 on win 2k professional SP4 and am getting
    > the errors below. I already have WSAD 5.1.1 installed. WHy install 5.1 you
    > may ask? To use the Portlet Toolkit 5.0.2. All help is appreciated.

    Having both on the same machine is a not supported configuration.
    --
    Juanma Martinez

  3. Re: Can WSAD 5.1 and 5.1.1 co-exist on the Same Machine?

    My solution to this problem is install WSSD 5.1 with PTK 5.0.2. I have
    this coexisting with WSAD 5.1.1.