Null Pointer exception when adding a utility jar to ear. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Null Pointer exception when adding a utility jar to ear. - Websphere ; When I try to add a java utility jar to the EAR file, and rebuild the project. I keep getting this null pointer error... (Within the App Deployment Descriptor, Adding a project utility jars.) Thanks in advance, Geary Kwong Here ...

  1. Null Pointer exception when adding a utility jar to ear.

    When I try to add a java utility jar to the EAR file, and rebuild the
    project. I keep getting this null pointer error...

    (Within the App Deployment Descriptor, Adding a project utility jars.)

    Thanks in advance,
    Geary Kwong

    Here is the stack trace... Any ideas?
    (WSAD 5.0.x)

    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
    com.ibm.etools.application.presentation.UtilityJAR sSection.validateModuleCo
    llision(UtilityJARsSection.java:481)
    at
    com.ibm.etools.application.presentation.UtilityJAR sSection$2.modifyText(Uti
    lityJARsSection.java:361)
    at
    org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent( TypedListener.java:181)
    at
    org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Event Table.java(Compiled
    Code))
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va(Compiled
    Code))
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va(Compiled
    Code))
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.wmCommandChild(Text.j ava:1779)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_COMMAND(Control .java:2828)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control .java(Compiled
    Code))
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display .java(Compiled
    Code))
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.CallWindowProcW( Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.callWindowProc(Text.j ava(Compiled
    Code))
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.callWindowProc(Text.j ava(Compiled
    Code))
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control .java(Compiled
    Code))
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display .java(Compiled
    Code))
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.SetWindowTextW(N ative Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.SetWindowText(OS .java(Compiled
    Code))
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.setText(Text.java:134 5)
    at
    com.ibm.etools.j2ee.ui.J2EETextAdapter.update(J2EE TextAdapter.java:453)
    at
    com.ibm.etools.j2ee.ui.J2EETextAdapter.update(J2EE TextAdapter.java:380)
    at
    com.ibm.etools.j2ee.ui.J2EETextAdapter.refresh(J2E ETextAdapter.java:268)
    at
    com.ibm.etools.j2ee.ui.J2EETextAdapter.refresh(J2E ETextAdapter.java:242)
    at
    com.ibm.etools.application.presentation.UtilityJAR sSection.setDetails(Utili
    tyJARsSection.java:245)

  2. Re: Null Pointer exception when adding a utility jar to ear.

    gkwong wrote:
    > When I try to add a java utility jar to the EAR file, and rebuild the
    > project. I keep getting this null pointer error...
    >
    > (Within the App Deployment Descriptor, Adding a project utility jars.)
    >

    > Thanks in advance,
    > Geary Kwong
    >
    > Here is the stack trace... Any ideas?
    > (WSAD 5.0.x)
    >
    > java.lang.NullPointerException
    > at
    > com.ibm.etools.application.presentation.UtilityJAR sSection.validateModuleCo
    > llision(UtilityJARsSection.java:481)
    > at
    > com.ibm.etools.application.presentation.UtilityJAR sSection$2.modifyText(Uti
    > lityJARsSection.java:361)
    > at
    > org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent( TypedListener.java:181)
    > at
    > org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Event Table.java(Compiled
    > Code))
    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va(Compiled
    > Code))
    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.ja va(Compiled
    > Code))
    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.wmCommandChild(Text.j ava:1779)
    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_COMMAND(Control .java:2828)
    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control .java(Compiled
    > Code))
    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display .java(Compiled
    > Code))
    > at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.CallWindowProcW( Native Method)
    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.callWindowProc(Text.j ava(Compiled
    > Code))
    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.callWindowProc(Text.j ava(Compiled
    > Code))
    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control .java(Compiled
    > Code))
    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display .java(Compiled
    > Code))
    > at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.SetWindowTextW(N ative Method)
    > at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.SetWindowText(OS .java(Compiled
    > Code))
    > at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.setText(Text.java:134 5)
    > at
    > com.ibm.etools.j2ee.ui.J2EETextAdapter.update(J2EE TextAdapter.java:453)
    > at
    > com.ibm.etools.j2ee.ui.J2EETextAdapter.update(J2EE TextAdapter.java:380)
    > at
    > com.ibm.etools.j2ee.ui.J2EETextAdapter.refresh(J2E ETextAdapter.java:268)
    > at
    > com.ibm.etools.j2ee.ui.J2EETextAdapter.refresh(J2E ETextAdapter.java:242)
    > at
    > com.ibm.etools.application.presentation.UtilityJAR sSection.setDetails(Utili
    > tyJARsSection.java:245)

    Issue seems to be .modulemaps don't want to update or it list projects
    that does not corrdinate with the workspace. Clear out the applications
    in the .modulemaps and add back the modules in the ear descriptor.

+ Reply to Thread