WSSD & Test Environment - Websphere

This is a discussion on WSSD & Test Environment - Websphere ; Hi, I have a problem with the Studio Site Developer, when starting the debugging mode. The Server initialization is no problem and the portal server seems to start at first, but then it stops with a config problem: WebGroup not ...

  1. WSSD & Test Environment

    Hi,

    I have a problem with the Studio Site Developer, when starting the
    debugging mode.
    The Server initialization is no problem and the portal server seems to
    start at first, but then it stops with a config problem:
    WebGroup not defined : cannot find /wps/config
    I guess it comes somehow from OSEListenerdispatcher
    It would be nice to get the problem solved.

    Using Portal Toolkit 5.0.2
    WSSD 5.0.1

    Thanks

  2. Re: WSSD & Test Environment

    Hi,

    You need WSSD 5.1.0 to work with Portal Toolkit 5.0.2.
    If you want to be with WSSD 5.0.1, you use Portal Toolkit 5.0.

    See Q.1 in the the following FAQ for details:

    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/.../ptk50-faq.pdf

    Best regards,

    Masanobu Ida

    "Carsten Blieske" wrote on 2004/02/17 21:46:33:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with the Studio Site Developer, when starting the
    > debugging mode.
    > The Server initialization is no problem and the portal server seems to
    > start at first, but then it stops with a config problem:
    > WebGroup not defined : cannot find /wps/config
    > I guess it comes somehow from OSEListenerdispatcher
    > It would be nice to get the problem solved.
    >
    > Using Portal Toolkit 5.0.2
    > WSSD 5.0.1
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: WSSD & Test Environment

    Hi again,

    I'm sorry to ask again the same questions again, but overall I've still some problems.
    I realized the "version trouble" and got the right ones ( hope so). I took the site developer 5.1.0
    and installed the efixes for the was ( the right ones out of the installation guide P Toolkit). Then tried to install the Portal Toolkit 502. During installation the installation of the Portal Test Environment failed and I don't get a logfile!!!
    So????

    It would be nice if someone could help me
    Thanks Carsten
    schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c0ufhk$48d2$1@news.boulder.ibm.com...

    Hi,

    You need WSSD 5.1.0 to work with Portal Toolkit 5.0.2.
    If you want to be with WSSD 5.0.1, you use Portal Toolkit 5.0.

    See Q.1 in the the following FAQ for details:

    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/.../ptk50-faq.pdf

    Best regards,

    Masanobu Ida

    "Carsten Blieske" wrote on 2004/02/17 21:46:33:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with the Studio Site Developer, when starting the
    > debugging mode.
    > The Server initialization is no problem and the portal server seems to
    > start at first, but then it stops with a config problem:
    > WebGroup not defined : cannot find /wps/config
    > I guess it comes somehow from OSEListenerdispatcher
    > It would be nice to get the problem solved.
    >
    > Using Portal Toolkit 5.0.2
    > WSSD 5.0.1
    >
    > Thanks

  4. Re: WSSD & Test Environment

    Hi

    I'll answer my problem by myself :-) Hope I can help.
    I could solve the problem I described before.
    I uninstalled the whole thing and then installed it the same way, but into a "simple" directory like c:\wssd
    And after that taking Portal Toolkit Guide and the correct version numbers all the problems are gone.
    OS was by the way Windows XP, because I read some of you had trouble with it, but finally it works and it performs better then previous versions.

    Have Fun
    Carsten
    "Carsten Blieske" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c1hujm$7ggk$1@news.boulder.ibm.com...
    Hi again,

    I'm sorry to ask again the same questions again, but overall I've still some problems.
    I realized the "version trouble" and got the right ones ( hope so). I took the site developer 5.1.0
    and installed the efixes for the was ( the right ones out of the installation guide P Toolkit). Then tried to install the Portal Toolkit 502. During installation the installation of the Portal Test Environment failed and I don't get a logfile!!!
    So????

    It would be nice if someone could help me
    Thanks Carsten
    schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c0ufhk$48d2$1@news.boulder.ibm.com...

    Hi,

    You need WSSD 5.1.0 to work with Portal Toolkit 5.0.2.
    If you want to be with WSSD 5.0.1, you use Portal Toolkit 5.0.

    See Q.1 in the the following FAQ for details:

    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/.../ptk50-faq.pdf

    Best regards,

    Masanobu Ida

    "Carsten Blieske" wrote on 2004/02/17 21:46:33:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a problem with the Studio Site Developer, when starting the
    > debugging mode.
    > The Server initialization is no problem and the portal server seems to
    > start at first, but then it stops with a config problem:
    > WebGroup not defined : cannot find /wps/config
    > I guess it comes somehow from OSEListenerdispatcher
    > It would be nice to get the problem solved.
    >
    > Using Portal Toolkit 5.0.2
    > WSSD 5.0.1
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread