XML Parsing - Websphere

This is a discussion on XML Parsing - Websphere ; Hi, I have put xml files in wed folder web\app\xml\*.xml/*.xsl(all the xml and xsl files) files).My program read xml and xsl files, transform it and cache it in memory. This works fine in Visual Age. The same program gives me ...

  1. XML Parsing

    Hi,
    I have put xml files in wed folder web\app\xml\*.xml/*.xsl(all the
    xml and xsl files) files).My program read xml and xsl files, transform
    it and cache it in memory. This works fine in Visual Age. The same
    program gives me SAX parsing error when I run this program in WASAD
    5.0. I am using Xalan(2.0) and xerces(2.0). WASAD also has its own
    xalan and Xerces. It it because of that?

    Any help will be appreciated..

    Regards
    Vivek

  2. Re: XML Parsing

    yes.
    WSAD uses it's own xalan/xerces for reading the configuration files in
    the WebSphere test environment. You shouldn't have any problems as
    long as you are using the same version that Websphere uses, otherwise
    you will likely run into problems.

    You might want to play around with the class loader settings in your
    EAR, so that your project looks for the xalan/xerces packages within
    the EAR first.

    vivek2701@aol.com (VK) wrote in message news:<5f34a8e0.0402160737.6ca819e7@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    > I have put xml files in wed folder web\app\xml\*.xml/*.xsl(all the
    > xml and xsl files) files).My program read xml and xsl files, transform
    > it and cache it in memory. This works fine in Visual Age. The same
    > program gives me SAX parsing error when I run this program in WASAD
    > 5.0. I am using Xalan(2.0) and xerces(2.0). WASAD also has its own
    > xalan and Xerces. It it because of that?
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated..
    >
    > Regards
    > Vivek

  3. Re: XML Parsing

    yes.
    WSAD uses it's own xalan/xerces for reading the configuration files in
    the WebSphere test environment. You shouldn't have any problems as
    long as you are using the same version that Websphere uses, otherwise
    you will likely run into problems.

    You might want to play around with the class loader settings in your
    EAR, so that your project looks for the xalan/xerces packages within
    the EAR first.

    vivek2701@aol.com (VK) wrote in message news:<5f34a8e0.0402160737.6ca819e7@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    > I have put xml files in wed folder web\app\xml\*.xml/*.xsl(all the
    > xml and xsl files) files).My program read xml and xsl files, transform
    > it and cache it in memory. This works fine in Visual Age. The same
    > program gives me SAX parsing error when I run this program in WASAD
    > 5.0. I am using Xalan(2.0) and xerces(2.0). WASAD also has its own
    > xalan and Xerces. It it because of that?
    >
    > Any help will be appreciated..
    >
    > Regards
    > Vivek

+ Reply to Thread