Name comp/env/ejb not found in context "java:" - Websphere

This is a discussion on Name comp/env/ejb not found in context "java:" - Websphere ; Hi, I am running UTC to test a create method of a CMP 2.0 Entity Bean. When invoke the method, I get: [2/5/04 0:46:24:094 VET] 4fe18cd0 ExceptionUtil E CNTR0019E: Non-application exception occurred while processing method "create". Exception data: com.ibm.ejs.container.CreateFailureException: javax.ejb.EJBException: ...

  1. Name comp/env/ejb not found in context "java:"

    Hi, I am running UTC to test a create method of a CMP 2.0 Entity Bean. When
    invoke the method, I get:

    [2/5/04 0:46:24:094 VET] 4fe18cd0 ExceptionUtil E CNTR0019E: Non-application
    exception occurred while processing method "create". Exception data:
    com.ibm.ejs.container.CreateFailureException: javax.ejb.EJBException: nested
    exception is: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name comp/env/ejb not
    found in context "java:".; nested exception is:

    javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is:
    javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name comp/env/ejb not found in context
    "java:".

    javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is:
    javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name comp/env/ejb not found in context
    "java:".

    javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name comp/env/ejb not found in context
    "java:"

    Any hints?

    Thanks in advance,

    Adolfo Casari

  2. Re: Name comp/env/ejb not found in context "java:"

    Do you have any references starting from "ejb/" (most likely EJB references)
    defined in correspondent EJB module?

    "Adolfo Casari" wrote in message
    > Hi, I am running UTC to test a create method of a CMP 2.0 Entity Bean.

    When
    > invoke the method, I get:
    >
    > [2/5/04 0:46:24:094 VET] 4fe18cd0 ExceptionUtil E CNTR0019E:

    Non-application
    > exception occurred while processing method "create". Exception data:
    > com.ibm.ejs.container.CreateFailureException: javax.ejb.EJBException:

    nested
    > exception is: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name comp/env/ejb not
    > found in context "java:".; nested exception is:
    >
    > javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is:
    > javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name comp/env/ejb not found in context
    > "java:".
    >
    > javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is:
    > javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name comp/env/ejb not found in context
    > "java:".
    >
    > javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name comp/env/ejb not found in context
    > "java:"
    >

    > Any hints?
    >

    > Thanks in advance,
    >

    > Adolfo Casari