Re: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and Exception in thread "main"" - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and Exception in thread "main"" - Websphere ; Shawn Persels wrote: > New install of WSAD 5. > > Create new work space and create new J2EE 1.3 project StockQuote from > Samples > > Everything runs find and sample builds without problems > > Follow simple instructions ...

  1. Re: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and Exception in thread "main""

    Shawn Persels wrote:

    > New install of WSAD 5.
    >
    > Create new work space and create new J2EE 1.3 project StockQuote from
    > Samples
    >
    > Everything runs find and sample builds without problems
    >
    > Follow simple instructions to select TestClient JSP and Run On Server.
    >
    > WSAD creates new server and tries to start it. Server startup fails with
    >
    > "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and Exception in thread "main""
    >
    > I've spent hours at this now. I've deinstalled and reinstalled serveral
    > times.
    >
    > I'm not doing anything special or tricky.
    >
    > PC: 3GHz Pentium 4, 2GB memory - lots of disk
    > OS: Windows XP Professional, all service packs and MS updates
    >
    > I have another PC running XP with same service packs and updates. This
    > EXACT same process (described above) works just fine.
    >
    > Any Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks ahead for the help.
    >
    > /Shawn

    That usually means you don't have everything you need on your runtime
    classpath.

  2. Re: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and Exception in thread "main""

    Thanks for the help! So how do I:
    1) determine what classpath is being used by the WSAD test application
    server environment
    2) determine specifically what class is causing problems

    /Shawn
    "Ray McVay" wrote in message
    > Shawn Persels wrote:
    >
    > > New install of WSAD 5.
    > >
    > > Create new work space and create new J2EE 1.3 project StockQuote from
    > > Samples
    > >
    > > Everything runs find and sample builds without problems
    > >
    > > Follow simple instructions to select TestClient JSP and Run On Server.
    > >
    > > WSAD creates new server and tries to start it. Server startup fails

    with

    > > "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and Exception in thread "main""
    > >
    > > I've spent hours at this now. I've deinstalled and reinstalled serveral
    > > times.
    > >
    > > I'm not doing anything special or tricky.
    > >
    > > PC: 3GHz Pentium 4, 2GB memory - lots of disk
    > > OS: Windows XP Professional, all service packs and MS updates
    > >
    > > I have another PC running XP with same service packs and updates. This
    > > EXACT same process (described above) works just fine.
    > >
    > > Any Ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks ahead for the help.
    > >
    > > /Shawn
    > >

    > That usually means you don't have everything you need on your runtime
    > classpath.

  3. Re: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and Exception in thread "main""

    In article , rmcvayNO@SPAMacm.org says...
    > "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and Exception in thread "main""

    Check that your machine PATH statement doesn't end in a backslash
    --
    Juanma Martinez

  4. Re: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and Exception in thread "main""

    In article , spersels@optonline.net
    says...

    > I can't believe that this kind of issue hasn't been dealt with!

    I think it is (or was) documented in WSAD 5.0 readme file.
    --
    Juanma Martinez

  5. Re: "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and Exception in thread "main""

    The java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: should tell you the class that is
    missing. The META-INF\manifest.mf files in the EJB and WEB projects
    are the application classpaths used at runtime.

    Regards
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread