Changing IIOP_URL parameter of Manage Search Collections Portlet(PSE) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Changing IIOP_URL parameter of Manage Search Collections Portlet(PSE) - Websphere ; Hi, I working with WPS 5.1.0.3 and a remote PSE with ejb connexion. I have to replace the value of IIOP_URL by an alias URL (for deployement process reason) in Manage Search Collections Portlet. When I change this parameter, all ...

  1. Changing IIOP_URL parameter of Manage Search Collections Portlet(PSE)

    Hi,

    I working with WPS 5.1.0.3 and a remote PSE with ejb connexion.
    I have to replace the value of IIOP_URL by an alias URL (for deployement process reason) in Manage Search Collections Portlet.

    When I change this parameter, all the collections have disappear of manage collection portlet view. But I can create new collection and PSE work fine.
    It's the same when I try to find my old collection by SIAPI with SearchService.

    When I rollback this parameter change, I find my old collections, but now all new collection have disappear.
    On PSE physical machine I can see all collections (new and old)...

    My PSE working in a production environment and have to recreate all collections will be a big waste of time.

    Perhaps there is some index to delete or I have to made some change in my Websphere Application Server?

    Any idea?

    Thanks,
    Fabrice.

  2. Re: Changing IIOP_URL parameter of Manage Search CollectionsPortlet (PSE)

    Hi,

    I'm back.
    I've find why Manage Search Collections Portlet don't find the old collection when you change the iiop_url parameter.

    In fact when you create a collection, WPS write information about it in his Database (DB2 for my case). And the ID of a collection in DB is : +.
    So when you change iiop_url parameter, the portlet can't find your old collection.

    I know it's no good but the only one solution to save my old collections is to change directly in DB the iiop_url value of my old collection... (DB=wpsdb51, table=PSE_DESC)

    Fabrice.

  3. Re: Changing IIOP_URL parameter of Manage Search CollectionsPortlet (PSE)

    With correction

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm back.
    > I've find why Manage Search Collections Portlet don't
    > find the old collection when you change the iiop_url
    > parameter.
    >
    > In fact when you create a collection, WPS write
    > information about it in his Database (DB2 for my
    > case). And the ID of a collection in DB is :
    > [collection path]+[iiop_url].
    > So when you change iiop_url parameter, the portlet
    > can't find your old collection.
    >
    > I know it's no good but the only one solution to save
    > my old collections is to change directly in DB the
    > iiop_url value of my old collection... (DB=wpsdb51,
    > table=PSE_DESC)
    >
    > Fabrice.

+ Reply to Thread