Maintaining Portlet window state over multiple user session - Websphere

This is a discussion on Maintaining Portlet window state over multiple user session - Websphere ; Hi, We have requirement, which says that the user can maintain the state of the portlets(minimized or normal) between multiple user sessions that is if the user sets minimizes 2 out of 3 portlets in a page and logs out. ...

  1. Maintaining Portlet window state over multiple user session

    Hi,

    We have requirement, which says that the user can maintain the state of the portlets(minimized or normal) between multiple user sessions that is if the user sets minimizes 2 out of 3 portlets in a page and logs out. The next time he logs back in he should be able to view the portlets in the same state as how he had let it before logging out.

    Is this possible?

    if yes then can any one suggest some approaches.

    Any help would be great

    Thanks

    SAR

  2. Re: Maintaining Portlet window state over multiple user session

    This is already implemented in portal. Have a look at this URL:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../adcfgpss.html

    Oliver

  3. Re: Maintaining Portlet window state over multiple user session

    Thanks Oliver,

    The link you provided did give me some useful insights. But the requirement has come up as our application does not have a log out functionality. So this has to be done either on the client side using cookies and so on.

    Thanks

    SAR

+ Reply to Thread