Changing wpsbind and wpsadmin passwords - Websphere

This is a discussion on Changing wpsbind and wpsadmin passwords - Websphere ; Hello, Do anybody have clear and tested steps on how to change wpsbind & wpsadmin passwords on WPS 5.1? I'm connecting it to Active Directory 2003. I appreciate your help. Regards....

  1. Changing wpsbind and wpsadmin passwords

    Hello,

    Do anybody have clear and tested steps on how to change wpsbind & wpsadmin passwords on WPS 5.1? I'm connecting it to Active Directory 2003.

    I appreciate your help.

    Regards.

  2. Re: Changing wpsbind and wpsadmin passwords

    Maz wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Do anybody have clear and tested steps on how to change wpsbind &
    > wpsadmin passwords on WPS 5.1? I'm connecting it to Active Directory
    > 2003.
    >
    > I appreciate your help.
    >
    > Regards.

    The Infocenter should contain the steps. It is probably more difficult
    if both users have the same password

  3. Re: Changing wpsbind and wpsadmin passwords

    Thank you for the tip.

    Actually the steps are more or less straightforward except an issue related to the sequence which is still unclear to me. One of the notes in this document (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pvc/wp...sec_pswds.html) reads:

    "Important Note: You must change the WMMSystemID password first before making the change in your backend system; otherwise, WebSphere Portal will not start after changing the password."

    What I understood from this is that you have to change the password in the Vault declaration --> reset Global Security --> shutdown the Portal server --> change the password in the LDAP server --> wait for the cache timeout --> and finally start the Portal server. Is that true? Should this also apply to changing the wpsbind password?

    Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread