WPS Express 6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on WPS Express 6 - Websphere ; Hello, We are trying to install Websphere Portal Server Express 6 on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise VM. However, we have tried twice now and both times come up with the same error, something to do wtih DB2. The error ...

  1. WPS Express 6

    Hello,

    We are trying to install Websphere Portal Server Express 6 on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise VM.

    However, we have tried twice now and both times come up with the same error, something to do wtih DB2. The error log is attached to the email. The message that pops up is:

    EJPIC0229E: The DB2 Express installation step failed.

    The same install files were used on a Windows XP laptop, and the install worked perfectly.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers

  2. Re: WPS Express 6

    mrosenberg@e-ci.com.au wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > We are trying to install Websphere Portal Server Express 6 on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise VM.
    >
    > However, we have tried twice now and both times come up with the same error, something to do wtih DB2. The error log is attached to the email. The message that pops up is:
    >
    > EJPIC0229E: The DB2 Express installation step failed.
    >
    > The same install files were used on a Windows XP laptop, and the install worked perfectly.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Cheer

    Maybe you need a Db2 version that supports Windows 2003?

  3. Re: WPS Express 6

    I've also noticed that you need to be careful when picking your wpadmin / db2admin password. It must meet the OS's password requirements or the db2admin user won't be created and the DB2 install will fail.

    Brian

  4. Re: WPS Express 6

    Change wpadmin password (wpdb2ins will use the same password) with a more simple password.
    Before you can also try to run only DB2 setup to be sure about the password.

  5. Re: WPS Express 6

    Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try.

  6. Re: WPS Express 6

    Hi

    When installing on Windows 2003 Server you need to have the SP1 installed, or the DB2 step will fail.

    Do you have it?

    Regards,

    Sebastian "Jack" Fratini
    IBM Certified System Administrator