How can I have user specific filters for information display onportlet? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How can I have user specific filters for information display onportlet? - Websphere ; Hello Everyone !!!!! I am new to the Portlet World My query is.. How can I have filters on a portlet screen ? I want to display certain information on a portlet which must be filtered and ordered. Example: In ...

  1. How can I have user specific filters for information display onportlet?

    Hello Everyone !!!!!

    I am new to the Portlet World

    My query is..
    How can I have filters on a portlet screen ?
    I want to display certain information on a portlet which must be filtered and ordered.

    Example:
    In Internet Banking , I want to display transfers which had happened in the last month. So I ( as a user ) will keep this predefined somewhere may be in portletData.
    Whenever that user logs in for the next time, he will be able to view account transfers taken place in the lastest month only.

    This must be user specific. As another user can keep the setting in a different way. That is he/she might want to view account transfers for the last week only.

    When user clicks on a button a new screen( filter screen ) is loaded where he need to enter the dates of From and To .....
    The user saves this.....( may be in portletdata)
    So that when he logs in .. next time screen loads with the defined settings in filter....

    Any idea ? How can this be achieived ?

    Thanks in advance.... :-)
    Wating for a reply

  2. Re: How can I have user specific filters for information displayon portlet?

    You can store this information as portlet preference. There are
    "personalized preferences" which are stored per user. Depending on the
    user's prefernce, your portlet could either show the transfers of the
    last week or the last month respectively.
    The portal InfoCenter explains about portlet preferences as well:
    > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v6r0/index.jsp

    Oliver

  3. Re: How can I have user specific filters for informationdisplay<br> on portlet?

    Thanks Oliver!!!

    I would look into it and get back to you in case of issues

+ Reply to Thread