Forum Portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on Forum Portlet - Websphere ; I'm trying to find an open source Forum that it is compliant with the Websphere Portal 6.0, but I didn't have any luck yet. Do you know any Forum Portlet that is compatible with WPS 6.0? Thanks in advance. RN...

  1. Forum Portlet

    I'm trying to find an open source Forum that it is compliant with the Websphere Portal 6.0, but I didn't have any luck yet.

    Do you know any Forum Portlet that is compatible with WPS 6.0?

    Thanks in advance.
    RN

  2. Re: Forum Portlet

    We tried for the same and the simple answer is there is none that work out of the box and supports the single sign on. There is one by descom in the portlet catalog that does it but its not free.

    If you are willing to experiment and do some of your own coding, then you can find one called PHPBB.

  3. Re: Forum Portlet

    Well, I was expecting something like that..

    I think the only way to work it around is to put an open source forum like phpBB or NVM Forum in an IFrame portlet inside the portal. But since that doesn't support SSO we have to pass the login by url, encoding it in MD5 or something like that.. despite not being safe is probably the fastest and economic solution.

    Is there any insight about this?

    Thanks.
    RN

  4. Re: Forum Portlet

    I don't know what your back-end might be, but does your messaging or collaboration solution integrate with your portal? I'm guessing Lotus Notes/Domino might have something to offer, and maybe Microsoft Sharepoint if that integrates.

+ Reply to Thread