DB2 connectivity problems - Websphere

This is a discussion on DB2 connectivity problems - Websphere ; Hello forumites, I'm trying to set up a DB2/WinNT JDBC data source via the administration console. DB2 is installed on the same WinNT machine as the WebSphere Portal 6.0. I noticed that the environment variables were not set up, and ...

  1. DB2 connectivity problems

    Hello forumites,

    I'm trying to set up a DB2/WinNT JDBC data source via the administration console. DB2 is installed on the same WinNT machine as the WebSphere Portal 6.0.

    I noticed that the environment variables were not set up, and I modified them to point to DB2 folder as shown on the attached snapshot:
    DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_NATIVEPATH=c:/ibm/sqllib/bin
    DB2UNIVERSAL_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH=c:/ibm/sqllib/java
    DB2_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH=c:/ibm/sqllib/java
    DB2_JDBC_DRIVER_CLASSPATH=c:/ibm/sqllib/java/db2jcc.jar;c:/ibm/sqllib/java/db2java.zip

    I keep getting "test connection failed" for class DSRA0010E and the trace seems to insist that native methods are being called, despite the fact that my connection is type 4.

    Is there anything wrong with my environment variables?

  2. Re: DB2 connectivity problems

    Are you trying to use the Universal driver? If so, you don't need the NativePath. Also, either use db2jcc.jar or db2java.zip, but not both. If you use db2jcc.jar then also specify db2jcc_license_cu.jar such as:

    [path]/db2jcc.jar;[path]/db2jcc_license_cu.jar

    Thanks,
    Brian

  3. Re: DB2 connectivity problems

    Thank you very much!