Insert Image button fails in Websphere Content Manager - portal 6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Insert Image button fails in Websphere Content Manager - portal 6 - Websphere ; I'm using the content manager for portal 6.0, on a Windows box. When I create a new HTML component in the content manager library, I click the Insert Image button to select an image component. A window pops up, but ...

  1. Insert Image button fails in Websphere Content Manager - portal 6

    I'm using the content manager for portal 6.0, on a Windows box.

    When I create a new HTML component in the content manager library, I click the Insert Image button to select an image component.

    A window pops up, but it does NOT contain the navigation/insert options. Instead, it shows the portal home page.

    Attached is an image showing the Insert Image button I'm using, and below that is what it is supposed to look like (...compared to the portal 6 on an AIX box).

    I also try the image button from the Rich Text element (component), and I get the same thing. So the image insert is not working for the html content or the rich text component. Is there a configuration setting somewhere?

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

  2. Re: Insert Image button fails in Websphere Content Manager - portal6

    is this happening in all browsers and to all users? or just a specific browser?

    The window it opens should be document.imagePickerURL, so you could create a javascript favourite to alert this and see whether this value is being set. I would guess it isn't though, so there may be a problem with your WCM install. Might be worth removing the WCM authoring portlets and re-deploying them.

    Hope this helps

  3. Re: Insert Image button fails in Websphere Content Manager - portal6

    Elliot,
    Thanks for getting back to me. One of the IT people has been trying some things out. I'm not sure if they've tried your redeployment suggestion yet.

    Anne

  4. Re: Insert Image button fails in Websphere Content Manager - portal6

    We ran "WPSconfig.bat configure-wcm-authoring" again and it seemed to clear up the problem.
    Another sign that the configuration is incorrect is that the Launch menu does not contain the web content menu item.

    Also, I had already added content to the library, and it was still there after the .bat file executed.

    - anne

+ Reply to Thread