Opening pop-up on a portal page - Websphere

This is a discussion on Opening pop-up on a portal page - Websphere ; Hi, I want to open a jsp in a pop-up window from a portal page. I have tried few options but they are not working. Is this possible in open a jsp in new window from a portal page? If ...

  1. Opening pop-up on a portal page

    Hi,
    I want to open a jsp in a pop-up window from a portal page. I have tried few options but they are not working. Is this possible in open a jsp in new window from a portal page? If so how it can be done??

    Bharat

  2. Re: Opening pop-up on a portal page

    Also the problem is I am able to open the new window but if the jsp has the portlet tag "" then its a error.

  3. Re: Opening pop-up on a portal page

    Ok, so you want to open the popup from a portlet and access the portlet
    API from inside the JSP. This is not possible.

    JSP files invoked in popup windows are called outside the standard
    portal page render sequence. As such, the they are just like servlets
    packaged with your portlet .war file and do not have access to the
    portal state.

    You have a few options:

    1. Do not invoke a JSP in the popup window. Emit DHTML into your
    portlet output that can dynamically write the desired contents into the
    popup window.

    2. Use parameters on the JSP URL to pass string information to the
    target JSP.

    3. In a JSR 168 portlet application, pass data in the session using the
    application scope.

+ Reply to Thread