Deploy two IBM portlets with XMLAccess - Websphere

This is a discussion on Deploy two IBM portlets with XMLAccess - Websphere ; I have with success deployed a concrete IBM portlet by using the deployportlet.xml I found in the Info.Center. So I thought adding a new concrete portlet to the concrete portlet application, copying the xml code and changing the unique id's ...

  1. Deploy two IBM portlets with XMLAccess

    I have with success deployed a concrete IBM portlet by using the deployportlet.xml I found in the Info.Center. So I thought adding a new concrete portlet to the concrete portlet application, copying the xml code and changing the unique id's should do the trick, but no. I was not able to deploy the new portlet.

    But then I made a new concrete portlet application with the new portlet, and voila, it worked. So now I wonder, have I missed something - should a concrete portlet application have only one portlet, or is my portal not well at all?

    The error I got when trying to use xmlaccess and one portlet app was:
    com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandException: EJPXA0091E: The servletref attribute is required to create a portlet clone. If you want to deploy a WAR file without creating clones, check that the names ...

  2. Re: Deploy two IBM portlets with XMLAccess

    On Jun 27, 8:11 pm, RuneH wrote:
    > I have with success deployed a concrete IBM portlet by using the deployportlet.xml I found in the Info.Center. So I thought adding a new concrete portlet to the concrete portlet application, copying the xml code and changing the unique id's should do the trick, but no. I was not able to deploy the new portlet.
    >
    > But then I made a new concrete portlet application with the new portlet, and voila, it worked. So now I wonder, have I missed something - should a concrete portlet application have only one portlet, or is my portal not well at all?
    >
    > The error I got when trying to use xmlaccess and one portlet app was:
    > com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandException: EJPXA0091E: The servletref attribute is required to create a portlet clone. If you want to deploy a WAR file without creating clones, check that the names ...

    A concrete portlet application may only have one concrete portlet per
    portlet - thus you may have several concrete portlets in a the
    concrete portlet application as long as they are of different types.

    //Thomas Nilsson

+ Reply to Thread