Portlet Wiring - Urgent - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portlet Wiring - Urgent - Websphere ; Hi, I have two JSR 168 portlets (separate WAR files) that are communicating using the portlet wiring. I was successful in creating a wire within my test environment and the target portlet displayed the message without any problems. When the ...

  1. Portlet Wiring - Urgent

    Hi,

    I have two JSR 168 portlets (separate WAR files) that are communicating using the portlet wiring.

    I was successful in creating a wire within my test environment and the target portlet displayed the message without any problems.

    When the same portlets are deployed in my portal server 5.1 and wire has been created using the Portlet Wiring Tool Portlet, the communication no longer works.

    I am using WSDL files to handle the communication. Any advice/feedback as to why this might be happening would be much appreciated.

    Many thanks in advance,

    Christopher

  2. Re: Portlet Wiring - Urgent

    RESOLVED. Had to delete and reinstall the WAR files (as opposed to update). Thanks.

  3. Re: Portlet Wiring - Urgent

    Hi,
    I am using RAD V5.1.0.1 , test environment,even i am facing the same problem.

  4. Re: Portlet Wiring - Urgent

    Hi Aryan,

    Try deleting and reinstalling the WAR instead of updating it. That did the trick for me.

    Also, make sure you set up the wires as public.

    See if that works.

    Cheers.

  5. Re: Portlet Wiring - Urgent

    Hi,
    I tried it, but still facing the same problem, i am using RAD v5.1.0.1(Test Environment).
    I am able to create wires but the portlets are not communicating with each other.
    I am not passing any objects, but simple String messages.

  6. Re: Portlet Wiring - Urgent

    If you're able to create the wire, the problem is in the portlet actions (java implementation) for the sending or receiving portlet. Try yo find the problem by adding some logging there, or post some snippets here...

+ Reply to Thread