Regarding Custom tags in Portlets - Websphere

This is a discussion on Regarding Custom tags in Portlets - Websphere ; Hello All, I need to implement custom tags in my project, so wrote all the required code(tld, tag handler class,etc) and placed it on the page. I am using WebSphere Portal Server v5.1.0.1,in RAD, the tld file is given below: ...

  1. Regarding Custom tags in Portlets

    Hello All,
    I need to implement custom tags in my project, so wrote all the required code(tld, tag handler class,etc) and placed it on the page.
    I am using WebSphere Portal Server v5.1.0.1,in RAD, the tld file is given below:

    1.2

    1.2
    trail

    kar
    com.miracle.tag.Data
    THIS IS DATA CONNECTION TRAIL
    EMPTY

    usname
    true
    true

    passwd
    true
    true

    And when i use the above code, it is throwing an PortletUnavailableException , and it is saying version problem

  2. Re: Regarding Custom tags in Portlets

    Does the DOCTYPE declaration at the top of your tld match the version of your jsp-version attribute? You didn't include it in your post, but it should be http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd, I think.

  3. Re: Regarding Custom tags in Portlets

    Thank You, i didn't give the DOCTYPE , i will try now.
    ThankYou

  4. Re: Regarding Custom tags in Portlets

    Hi, are you using RAD 7.0 or 6.0 ??

    check the java level for compiled jars and make sure it is 1.4 not 5.0

  5. Re: Regarding Custom tags in Portlets

    Does JSR168 support custom tags?,
    i tried using the DOCTYPE element but the custom tags are only working in the IBM API, i am getting JasperException in JSR168.
    Please give your valuable suggestions, very urgent, need this for my project.

  6. Re: Regarding Custom tags in Portlets

    I am using RADv6.0, it is set 1.4

  7. Re: Regarding Custom tags in Portlets

    I tried using it , custom tags are working fine in IBM portlets,
    but i am getting JasperException in JSR168 portlets, does it support custom tags?

  8. Re: Regarding Custom tags in Portlets

    reg. custom tags in JSR 168 Portlets. i am using Websphere v5.0 Test
    Environment to test the jsr168 portlets.
    when i am using my own custom tags it shows portlet unavailable
    exception. what is the reason? does it not supporting the custom tags?
    what to do?
    similary, How to use the popup JSR 168 portlets? whether there is no
    option to use popup or we should not use the portlet as a popup?

    thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread