added Servlet config to web.xml, but still not working - Websphere

This is a discussion on added Servlet config to web.xml, but still not working - Websphere ; I want to call a Servlet from my portlet. 1. I created the class com.flowserve.fpd.gid.portal.servlet.Downloader 2. I edited web.xml: downloader com.flowserve.fpd.gid.portal.servlet.Downloader ............... downloader /downloader 3. I restarted Portal Server and hit the servlet with this url: /.Portlet/downloader (works fine.) This ...

  1. added Servlet config to web.xml, but still not working

    I want to call a Servlet from my portlet.

    1. I created the class com.flowserve.fpd.gid.portal.servlet.Downloader

    2. I edited web.xml:

    downloader com.flowserve.fpd.gid.portal.servlet.Downloader

    downloader
    /downloader

    3. I restarted Portal Server and hit the servlet with this url:
    /.Portlet/downloader

    (works fine.)

    This works on my desktop, but not on the test server. The only difference I see is thae test server uses a different context, like this:

    /wps/PA_iizxnh2/downloader

    I also tried:
    /wps/downloader

    Any ideas why this new Servlet is not working?

    I appreciate your help.

  2. Re: added Servlet config to web.xml, but still not working

    Hey guys, to clarify,

    When I created this new Servlet, I DID not re-deploy the war file. I simply did this:

    1. Stopped the server.
    2. Edited web.xml with the servlet mappings (above).
    3. Uploaded the new Servlet class file to the server.
    4. Started the server.

    Do I need to actually re-deploy this war before it will see this new Servlet?

    Any ideas would be helpful!

  3. Re: added Servlet config to web.xml, but still not working

    Redeploying will be recommended. The first part of the url is dynamic (portlet context) and should be generated by a snippet (depending on your framework).

+ Reply to Thread