Making copies of pages. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Making copies of pages. - Websphere ; Hi, Is there any way to make a copy of a portal page, and all of its webpages, and every portlet contained in that pages? Thanks in advance...

  1. Making copies of pages.

    Hi,

    Is there any way to make a copy of a portal page, and all of its webpages, and every portlet contained in that pages?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Making copies of pages.

    You can use the XML configuration interface to clone portal resources so that they can be copied to the same server or moved between servers. Is that what you mean?

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../adxmltsk.html

  3. Re: Making copies of pages.

    I think so.

    What I need is to have have two copies of the same page in the same portal server, and then, slightly modify one of the copies, keeping the other copy untouched. Do you think it may be possible to do that with the solution you suggested?

    Thanks Jessica.

  4. Re: Making copies of pages.

    One more thing,

    Would it be possible to do what I suggested using Templates and page inheritance?

  5. Re: Making copies of pages.

    > One more thing,
    >
    > Would it be possible to do what I suggested using
    > Templates and page inheritance?

    Yes, that would be possible using templates, depending on which "minor change" you're talking about.

  6. Re: Making copies of pages.

    The "minor changes" I'm talking about is to have two pages with the same structure, same portlets, but with different configuration for the portlets in the two pages. I don't mind if I have to configure the portlets manually.

    What I really need is to have a method to keep both pages "sycrhonized": for instance, modifying one page, copying that page and manually configuring the copy of the page (and deleting the old copy).

    Does it make sense?

    Thanks in advance.

  7. Re: Making copies of pages.

    Check out a concept called derived pages. This allows you to have a page
    inherit its layout and portlets from another page and give you the ability
    to add additional portlets to the derived page without impacting the master
    page yet changes made to the master page are also visible on the derived
    page.

    wrote in message
    news:719510165.1181831861856.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was010.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any way to make a copy of a portal page, and all of its webpages,
    > and every portlet contained in that pages?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread