XmlCommandException: EJPXA0142E: Unique name XYZ is already used inthe portal. - Websphere

This is a discussion on XmlCommandException: EJPXA0142E: Unique name XYZ is already used inthe portal. - Websphere ; Hi, I am getting following error: XmlCommandException: EJPXA0142E: Unique name XYZ is already used in the portal. But as such there is no unique name by this name in the portal. Can anyone tell me what's going wrong ? Regards, ...

  1. XmlCommandException: EJPXA0142E: Unique name XYZ is already used inthe portal.

    Hi,
    I am getting following error:

    XmlCommandException: EJPXA0142E: Unique name XYZ is already used in the portal.

    But as such there is no unique name by this name in the portal.

    Can anyone tell me what's going wrong ?

    Regards,
    Sarang

  2. Re: XmlCommandException: EJPXA0142E: Unique name XYZ is alreadyused in the portal.

    Hi,

    How can you be sure that there is no unique name in the portal with "XYZ" already..

    Regards,
    Srivatsa Katta

  3. Re: XmlCommandException: EJPXA0142E: Unique name XYZ is alreadyused in the portal.

    Hi,
    My problem is solved.
    After doing all trial & errors, lastly i used internal Cloudscape database that is being used by Portal Server.
    I deleted the record containing Uniquename "XYZ" from the database.
    Now it is working fine for me.

    Regards,
    Sarang

  4. Re: XmlCommandException: EJPXA0142E: Unique name XYZ is already used in the portal.

    On Jun 12, 2:00 am, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > My problem is solved.
    > After doing all trial & errors, lastly i used internal Cloudscape database that is being used by Portal Server.
    > I deleted the record containing Uniquename "XYZ" from the database.
    > Now it is working fine for me.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sarang

    I am having the same problem as the original poster using RAD7 and WTE
    5.1. First time I deploy and run my EAR it is OK, but subsequent
    starts give EJPXA0142E error saying that the unique name
    rational.portlets.common.portletControl. is already
    taken. Only way I can fix it is to open Cloudscape and delete from
    UNIQUE_NAME the rows that were added on previous start for my deployed
    portlet. I have to do this before every server start and it is very
    cumbersome. Seems RAD isn't cleaning up cloudscape like it should.
    Anyone have a better solution?

+ Reply to Thread