Cloning Remote Rendering Portlet through XMLAccess - Websphere

This is a discussion on Cloning Remote Rendering Portlet through XMLAccess - Websphere ; Hi all, I have used the XMLAccess.sh to automate the following: 1. Deploy Themes 2. Create pages with access control and layout 3. Clone Remote Rendering Portlet (RRP) 4. Put appropriate RRP on the appropriate according to layout. But i ...

  1. Cloning Remote Rendering Portlet through XMLAccess

    Hi all,

    I have used the XMLAccess.sh to automate the following:

    1. Deploy Themes
    2. Create pages with access control and layout
    3. Clone Remote Rendering Portlet (RRP)
    4. Put appropriate RRP on the appropriate according to layout.

    But i am facing one problem. When I press Configure on the Portlet, i get the message "Portlet is Unavailable", instead of going to the configure mode.

    I tried using the original RRP on a page (manually through interface) and it went into the configure mode easily. I created a copy of RRP through interface, and that too I was able to configure. But the cipy created through script is not configurable.

    Please help me out.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Cloning Remote Rendering Portlet through XMLAccess

    Hi Ashish,
    I too want to do like your approach.

    I want to create Pages/Portlets using XMLAccess . Can you give me some suggestions to create the same ? In which XML I have to provide page names?.

    It will be more helpful if you share your code.

    Thanks
    Hari

  3. Re: Cloning Remote Rendering Portlet through XMLAccess

    Same here, its a good idea, kindly share.

    ciao,

  4. Re: Cloning Remote Rendering Portlet through XMLAccess

    PS. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated, examples or otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread