Disable sign up (enrollment) WPS 6.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Disable sign up (enrollment) WPS 6.0 - Websphere ; How do you disable enrollment the right way in Portal v 6? The instructions also on this forum for 5.1 do not work, since the same JSP files are not present. I have now removed the "Anonymous Information Portlet" from ...

  1. Disable sign up (enrollment) WPS 6.0

    How do you disable enrollment the right way in Portal v 6? The instructions also on this forum for 5.1 do not work, since the same JSP files are not present. I have now removed the "Anonymous Information Portlet" from the login page, but I still have a link "sign up" in the login portlet. I also removed anonymous access from the selfcare portlet, so the sign up link does not allow users to sign up.

    I tried an alternate approach to the problem by changing to the screens login scenario. For some reason commenting the portlet login parts and uncommenting screens login parts from mainMenu.jsp and banner_toolbar.jsp did not have any effect.

    \profiles\wp_profile\installedApps\\wps.ear\wps.war\themes\html\IBM

  2. Re: Disable sign up (enrollment) WPS 6.0

    I believe from websphere 6.0., the screen for login is a portlet..and there is no way you can change the screen unless you map the login to an external authentication. try to change in the Login portlet jsp's (also check under blurb.war) which is located under your portal installation directory/installedApps...

  3. Re: Disable sign up (enrollment) WPS 6.0

    To remove the signup link from the login portlet, go to:

    Administration -> Portlet Management -> Portlets

    In the Manage Portlets portlet, find the login portlet and click
    "Configure Portlet" (The wrench icon).

    Change the ShowSignupLink setting from "yes" to "no".

  4. Re: Disable sign up (enrollment) WPS 6.0

    HI
    I tried to set it, but it doesn't work...

  5. Re: Disable sign up (enrollment) WPS 6.0

    Worked for me. Thank you!

  6. Re: Disable sign up (enrollment) WPS 6.0

    It works as a charm on WPS 6.1.
    Thx!

  7. Re: Disable sign up (enrollment) WPS 6.0

    Note also that this issue has been documented here:

    Title: Unable to remove Anonymous Information portlet from Welcome page
    Doc #: 1266859

    -Brett Gordon (WebSphere Portal L2 Support)

    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

+ Reply to Thread