pressing refresh button in browser - Websphere

This is a discussion on pressing refresh button in browser - Websphere ; how does portal know whether POST data is posted the second time by re- submitting the form data e.g. pressing the refresh button ? portal does understand the refresh process, but how ?? the processAction method is not being invoked ...

  1. pressing refresh button in browser

    how does portal know whether POST data is posted the second time by re-
    submitting the form data e.g. pressing the refresh button ?

    portal does understand the refresh process, but how ?? the
    processAction method is not being invoked a second time.

    that's good for us

    but how does portal recognizes the second submit ?

  2. Re: pressing refresh button in browser

    Hi,I developed a portlet for mail functionality.In the view jsp the user entering the values.On submit,I am reading all those values from jsp request and setting them to Mail object and sending the email All working fine.But the when user press the browser refresh button the email is sending twice.Any one please help me on this.Why processAction method is calling on refresh button press?

+ Reply to Thread