How to disable encoding HTML characters in Websphere Portal? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to disable encoding HTML characters in Websphere Portal? - Websphere ; I developed a struts portlet on Websphere Portal 5.1. It is very simple that only one text field in the form, and I want to use it to insert a record into database. In JSP: and column in database is ...

  1. How to disable encoding HTML characters in Websphere Portal?

    I developed a struts portlet on Websphere Portal 5.1.
    It is very simple that only one text field in the form, and I want to use it to insert a record into database.
    In JSP:
    and column in database is varchar(20).
    My trouble is that when the text contains HTML characters, e.g. '<>', the input will be encoded to '& LT; & GT;' automatically after submitting.
    Therefore, an error - 'The length of Product Name is over than the allowed length' will occure.
    I have tried that in a normal web application instead of Portal, and the characters would not be encoded. So, I tried to find out how to disable that in configure files of Portal. Unfortunately, nothing can be found.
    Can anyone give me some advise? Thank you very much.

  2. Re: How to disable encoding HTML characters in Websphere Portal?

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...s/tbl_sec.html
    Check the fourth problem.

    Just be aware of the price for turning it off...

    /Jonas V

+ Reply to Thread