Attribute mistakening is saving in LDAP and should be saved inLook-aside (Oracle) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Attribute mistakening is saving in LDAP and should be saved inLook-aside (Oracle) - Websphere ; Our current installation has certain attriubtes being saved to our LDAP and we really want these attributes to be saved to the Look-aside (Oracle). I have edited the wmm files: wmmLDAPAttributes.xml and wmmLAAttributes.xml and ran the appropriate scripts. The new ...

  1. Attribute mistakening is saving in LDAP and should be saved inLook-aside (Oracle)

    Our current installation has certain attriubtes being saved to our LDAP and we really want these attributes to be saved to the Look-aside (Oracle). I have edited the wmm files:
    wmmLDAPAttributes.xml and wmmLAAttributes.xml and ran the appropriate scripts.

    The new fields show up in our Look-aside and the data associated to them are also saved in the look-aside. However; the orignal fields that we want to move from LDAP to the look-aside have the meta data in the look-aside now, but they continue to be saved in the LDAP. (e.g ibm-primaryEmail and telephoneNumber).

    What do you do to ensure that the previously saved attributes in LDAP are now saved in the look-aside?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Attribute mistakening is saving in LDAP and should be saved inLook-aside (Oracle)

    Apparently, by editing the wmmLDAPServerAttributes.xml file and remove any attributes that you do not want in LDAP seems to work.

    We re-booter the server, don't know if that is required.

+ Reply to Thread