StateManagerService URL Generation broken? - Websphere

This is a discussion on StateManagerService URL Generation broken? - Websphere ; [Sorry, I duplicated this post because it seems that posts directly to the newsgroup ibm.software.websphere.portal-server aren't duplicated in developerWorks, just the other way round] Hi All, I have some queries about generating URLs using the StateManagerService that will pass render ...

  1. StateManagerService URL Generation broken?

    [Sorry, I duplicated this post because it seems that posts directly to the newsgroup ibm.software.websphere.portal-server aren't duplicated in developerWorks, just the other way round]

    Hi All, I have some queries about generating URLs using the StateManagerService that will pass render or action parameters to my portlet.

    I found this page: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...&cc=us&lang=en that explains that triggering the Action phase via this API is broken - but it doesn't mention if a patch is available or not. Does anybody know where I can download such a patch?

    Alternatively, has anyone had any success setting Render parameters to a destination portlet using StateManagerService? As this doesn't seem to work either (my code below).

    final URLFactory urlFactory = service.getURLFactory();
    final PortletAccessorFactory pAccFct = (PortletAccessorFactory)
    service.getAccessorFactory(PortletAccessorFactory. class);
    final SelectionAccessorFactory selFct = (SelectionAccessorFactory)
    service.getAccessorFactory(SelectionAccessorFactor y.class);

    try {
    final EngineURL url = urlFactory.newURL(null);
    final SelectionAccessorController sCtrl =
    selFct.getSelectionAccessorController(url.getState ());
    final PortletAccessorController pCtrl =
    pAccFct.getPortletAccessorController(destinationPo rtletWindowOid, url.getState());

    try {
    sCtrl.setSelection(destinationPageOid);
    pCtrl.getParameters().putAll(params);
    } finally {
    pCtrl.dispose();
    sCtrl.dispose();
    }
    return url;
    } finally {
    urlFactory.dispose();
    }

    The resulting URL navigates me to the destination page but does not pass any renderParameters to the destination portlet. No documentation I've seen thoroughly explains what the destinationPortletWindowOid actually needs to be. In my case, I'm using the Object Id from the "portletinstance" exported from XmlAccess - can anyone confirm if this is correct?

    Thanks...

  2. Re: StateManagerService URL Generation broken?

    Somebody emailed me last week to say they'd found this thread and asked if I'd found a solution to the problem. This question was resolved in a different thread:

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/fo...m=168#13942193
    (developerWorks link)

    http://groups.google.com/group/ibm.s...2a86771?lnk=st
    (Google Groups link)