WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working - Websphere

This is a discussion on WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working - Websphere ; Dear All, I successfully managed my WPS 5.1.0.1 to WPS 5.1.0.4 and also WAS 5.1.1.3 to WPS 5.1.1.13. Basically, all applications run very well. But I encountered an error in JSF Portlet. My JSP page has something like: When I ...

  1. WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    Dear All,

    I successfully managed my WPS 5.1.0.1 to WPS 5.1.0.4 and also WAS 5.1.1.3 to WPS 5.1.1.13. Basically, all applications run very well. But I encountered an error in JSF Portlet.

    My JSP page has something like:

    When I click on that button, the Portal seems unable to response. It does not throw any error message, but my Portlet is not rendered.

    However I found a message:

    2007.03.27 16:34:32.501 E com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.impl.PortletContextImpl include
    EJPPG1009E: Resource could not be found.

    When I analysed further, I notice that the generates an invalid URL.

    Has anyone found any similar case?

    Any help will be much appreciated since we are in production mode.

    Regards,

    Fernando Karnagi

  2. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    My first guess would be to look at the resource bundle used for bundle.save and backingBean.doSave - do they still exist after the update. Is it perhaps a global resource-file that got overwritten...

    /Jonas V

  3. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    Well, I have removed all resource bundled, and it is still not working.
    FYI, I developed that Portlet using IBM JSF Portlet framework initially and using RAD6, and my Portal Test Environment is still 5.1.0.1. But now, the server gets upgraded into 5.1.0.4.

    The other things is that when I deploy another JSR 168 Portlet, it does not have any problem. Does it mean that I have to get the latest version of jsf-portlet and jsf-wp jars, as told by:

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...m=168#13885369

    If yes, do you know where to get those jars?

    Thank you in advanced for your help.

    Regards,

    Fernando Karnagi

  4. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    No, afaik you still use the same jars in 5.1.0.1 as in 5.1.0.4. If the weren't you'd get a classexception error for version mismatch instead.

    >Well, I have removed all resource bundled, and it is still not working.

    Umm, well that was the exact opposite what I meant. It will throw errors and not render as it should if it don't find the resource-bundles, so you're getting the correct response in a way...
    What I meant was that if your resource-keys were packed together with global bundles (reside in PORTAL_HOME/shared/app) they could've been overwritten when upgrading thus not find your specific key.
    It implies that you need to put them back, not take them away.

    /Jonas V

  5. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    Hi, thank you for your quick reply.

    I am using Global Resource Bundle, by the way.

    Here is my configuration:

    Web.Xml:

    TestJSFPortlet

    com.ibm.ws.jsf.JSP_UPDATE_CHECK
    true
    Monitors Faces JSP files for modifications and synchronizes a running server with
    the changes without restarting the server. If this parameter is set to false or
    removed from the deployment descriptor, any changes made to Faces JSP files may
    not be seen by the server until it is restarted. This parameter is usually set
    to true while the Faces JSP files are being developed and debugged in order to
    improve the performance of the development environment.

    com.ibm.ws.jsf.LOAD_FACES_CONFIG_AT_STARTUP
    true

    com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener

    JS Resource Servlet
    com.ibm.faces.webapp.JSResourceServlet
    -1

    testjsfportlet.TestJSFPortletPortlet
    testjsfportlet.TestJSFPortletPortlet
    com.ibm.faces.webapp.WPFacesGenericPortlet

    JS Resource Servlet
    /.ibmjsfres/*

    testjsfportlet.TestJSFPortletPortlet
    /testjsfportlet.TestJSFPortletPortlet/*

    index.html
    index.htm
    index.jsp
    default.html
    default.htm
    default.jsp

    http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/datetime-1.0
    /WEB-INF/lib/taglibs-datetime.jar

    http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/string-1.0.1
    /WEB-INF/lib/taglibs-string.jar

    http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/utility
    /WEB-INF/lib/utility.jar

    http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/mailer-1.1
    /WEB-INF/lib/taglibs-mailer.jar

    Portlet.XML:

    TestJSFPortlet application

    TestJSFPortlet portlet

    0
    no

    TestJSFPortlet application

    TestJSFPortlet portlet
    en

    TestJSFPortlet portlet

    com.ibm.faces.portlet.page.view
    /TestJSFPortletView.jsp

    FacesConfig.xml:

    "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JavaServer Faces Config 1.0//EN"
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_0.dtd">

    com.ibm.faces.context.WPPortletFacesContextFactory Impl

    pc_TestJSFPortletView
    pagecode.TestJSFPortletView
    request

    com.ibm.faces.webapp.ValueResourcePhaseListener

    com.ibm.faces.databind.SelectItemsVarResolver

    com.ibm.faces.application.WPPortletVariableResolve r

    com.ibm.faces.databind.SelectItemsPropResolver

    /WEB-INF/lib:
    commons-beanutils.jar
    commons-collections.jar
    commons-digester.jar
    jaxen-full.jar
    jsf-api.jar
    jsf-ibm.jar
    jsf-impl.jar
    jsf-portlet.jar
    jsf-wp.jar
    jstl.jar
    jstl_el.jar
    saxpath.jar
    standard.jar
    taglibs-datetime.jar
    taglibs-mailer.jar
    taglibs-string.jar
    utility.jar

    my JSP file:

    <%-- jsfagecode language="java" location="/JavaSource/pagecode/TestJSFPortletView.java" --%><%-- /jsfagecode --%>
    <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
    <%@taglib uri="http://www.ibm.com/jsf/html_extended" prefix="hx"%>
    <%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
    <%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c"%>
    <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
    pageEncoding="windows-1252" session="false"%>

    Place content here.

    When I click on the Show button, my portlet does not get renderred, and the action listener does not get invoked either.

  6. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    Hmm, I must say "ummm" again.

    Ok, after looking at your testcode there are a couple of things I not quite sure about.
    1. You're using IBM legacy portlet API. That's not exactly my ballpark since I'm into JSR168.
    2. Do you really get the same error when trying this code?
    4. Do TestJSFPortletView.java implements the actual actionlistener? It would be nice to see that java-class...
    5. Using windows-1252 as page encoding. *shudders*

    Besides that it looks as it should. Though it don't contain any references to a resource bundle.

    /Jonas V

  7. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    I do not have the details available here, so I just throw out what I know.

    When attending the WP 6.0 Dev. course we had to remove the JSF jar-file from shared/app due to some problems in it. The problem caused JSF-pages not working, and the url created was _strange_ . Sounds like your problem as well?

    I will look back tomorrow and see if anyone else have responded to this, if not I will try to look up the details, have to run now :-)

    R.
    Rune Hellem http://hellem.org

  8. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    Hi, thank you again getting quick reply from you.

    ==== TestJSFPortletView.java ====

    /*
    * Created on Mar 26, 2007
    *
    * TODO To change the template for this generated file go to
    * Window - Preferences - Java - Code Style - Code Templates
    */
    package pagecode;

    import javax.faces.event.ActionEvent;

    import javax.faces.component.html.HtmlCommandButton;
    /**
    * @author Fernando
    *
    * TODO To change the template for this generated type comment go to
    * Window - Preferences - Java - Code Style - Code Templates
    */
    public class TestJSFPortletView extends PageCodeBase {

    protected HtmlCommandButton showButton;

    public void doShow(ActionEvent e) {
    System.out.println("--> doShow");
    }

    public void deleteItem(ActionEvent e) {
    System.out.println("--> deleteItem");
    }

    protected HtmlCommandButton getShowButton() {
    if (showButton == null) {
    showButton = (HtmlCommandButton) findComponentInRoot("showButton");
    }
    return showButton;
    }
    }

    When I deployed another JSR 168 Faces Portlet, it did not have any problem, so the same thing as MyTask Portlet (WPS built-in portlet), since it uses JSR 168 Faces Portlet and it does not have any problem.

    Is there any upgrade on the jsf-related Jars that RAD6 puts into /WEB-INF/lib folder of my IBM JSF Portlet project.

    I think there is some bugs in IBM JSF Portlet Framework after upgrading from 5.1.0.1 into 5.1.0.4

  9. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    Thank you for your reply.

    The problem is that does not generate the correct URL.

    Here is the URL of WPS 5.1.0.1 for my JSF Portlet

    /wps/myportal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4g3MbYESYGYxqb6kW hCjhgixgYhEDFjE0OYmJGTMYY6IydDhJivR35uqr63foB-QW4oEESUOzoqKgIAAqwMBA!!/delta/base64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21DU1Evb0tvUUFBSVFnakZJQUFRaENFSV FqR0VKemdBIS80SkZpQ28wZWgxaWNvblFWR2hkLXNJZDJFQSEh LzdfMF84VkgvMjA1MTEvc2EuY29tLmlibS5mYWNlcy5wb3J0bG V0LkFDVElPTg!!?PC_7_0_8VH_javax.servlet.include.pa th_info=%2fview.jsp#7_0_8VH

    Here is the URL of WPS 5.1.0.4 for the same portlet

    /wps/myportal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4h3cgXJgFjGpvqRqC KO6AJOFlARN5iIpSu6GksXuIivR35uqn6Qvrd-gH5BbigQRJQ7OioqAgAThOtN/delta/base64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21DU1Evb0tvUUFBSVFnakZJQUFRaENFSV FqR0VKemdBIS80SkZpQ28wZWgxaWNvblFWR2hkLXNJZDJFQSEh LzdfMF8xMDIvMTAvc2EuY29tLmlibS5mYWNlcy5wb3J0bGV0Lk FDVElPTg!!?PC_7_0_102_javax.servlet.include.path_i nfo=#7_0_102

    The difference that catch my attention is that the URL 5.1.0.4 does not '%2fview.jsp' in PC_7_0_102_javax.servlet.include.path_info=#7_0_10 2
    in comparison to
    PC_7_0_8VH_javax.servlet.include.path_info=%2fview .jsp#7_0_8VH
    in URL 5.1.0.1

    So that's why the Portal complaints

    2007.03.28 08:01:04.054 E com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.impl.PortletContextImpl include
    EJPPG1009E: Resource could not be found.
    Because it does not know which view (resource) to display.

    Back to your suggestion, can you please tell me which Jars I should from shared/app ?

    Thank you

  10. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    Hello,

    you are describing this, btw. our company was reporting this issue to
    IBM :-) :

    (PK36552) Problems running JSF IBM API portlets on WebSphere Portal
    Server V5.1.0.4.

    we had also this problem after the fixpack 5.1.0.4 was released. So we
    contact the ibm support, and they agreed that this is the error. The
    problem is in the library jsf-wp.jar (directory WEB-INF/lib). So they
    send us immedeatly this new library from develeper team, that was
    working again. They told us that this is they internal release of this
    library.

    Right now there is oficialy fix pack for this issue:

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg24015081

  11. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    After some thourough search inside IBM I came up with this link:
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...ct688websphere

    Might help you I would say ;-)

    /Jonas V

  12. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    Hi,

    THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help and now it is working.

    Regards,

    Fernando Karnagi

  13. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    You're welcome :-)

    /Jonas V

  14. Re: WPS 5.1.0.4 Upgrade causes JSF Portlet not working

    On Portal 6, jsf-ibm.jar is known to cause problems. Try to remove it from the directory if it exists on WP 5.1

    You must remove it, not only rename it...

    R.
    Rune Hellem http://hellem.org

+ Reply to Thread