how to get all Portal-User? - Websphere

This is a discussion on how to get all Portal-User? - Websphere ; Hi! I'm building a little calendar-app and want to show a combo-box with all user, that exist in the portal. (Should work with Portal 5.1 and Portal 6.0) It's quite easy to find the currently logged-in-user, but I don't find ...

  1. how to get all Portal-User?

    Hi!

    I'm building a little calendar-app and want to show
    a combo-box with all user, that exist in the portal.
    (Should work with Portal 5.1 and Portal 6.0)

    It's quite easy to find the currently logged-in-user, but
    I don't find the way to access *all* possible user by portal-means.

    Any hint?

    Greetings, Herbert

  2. Re: how to get all Portal-User?

    We had the same problem and came to the conclusion that our requirement would be that when adding an individual we would automatically make them a member of a base group. One note is that we re-wrote the User Administration module since the one provided was of little value.

  3. Re: how to get all Portal-User?

    There are three ways to do it:
    1. Use direct connection to Portal LDAP, using LDAP API
    2. Use WMM Manager EJB
    3. Use WMM Portal Service

    I've used the first option, but the weakness it that it works only when you've enabled LDAP security in your WPS installation.

+ Reply to Thread