Why the status of WebSphere_Portal server is not available? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Why the status of WebSphere_Portal server is not available? - Websphere ; Hi, After standalone WebSphere Portal 5.1 was installed and the portal admin page is working fine. But when I checked the status of application deployed on WebSphere_Portal on the WAS Admin console, they are "unavailable". Why and how to fix ...

  1. Why the status of WebSphere_Portal server is not available?

    Hi,

    After standalone WebSphere Portal 5.1 was installed and the portal admin page is working fine. But when I checked the status of application deployed on WebSphere_Portal on the WAS Admin console, they are "unavailable". Why and how to fix it?

    Thank you

    Jane

  2. Re: Why the status of WebSphere_Portal server is not available?

    Because the was admin console resides on server1 and the application on WebSphere_Portal server. They both run in WAS but they are two different virtual servers.

    So you can't see whether it has started or not in was admin, but note that you still can use it to start applications on WPS (you'll get an errormessage, but it'll still be started).

    Hope that makes things a bit clearer :-)

    /Jonas V

+ Reply to Thread