Anyone understand how to apply the PTF's from the Portal Express 6 downloads?

I have four files. All of which are self extracting EXE's:
C97QDML.exe
C97QEML.exe
C97QFML.exe
C97RWML.exe

I've found some information on the iSeries infocenter on creating image catalogs. I was able to create them with these four, but the PTF installation always failed as it said it could not read the files. There is really no explanation of how to use these, and they are not like the Fix Central, where you create save files. Any help anyone could give would be appreciated.

Kenny Smith