PortalExpress 6 on i5 - Websphere

This is a discussion on PortalExpress 6 on i5 - Websphere ; Anyone understand how to apply the PTF's from the Portal Express 6 downloads? I have four files. All of which are self extracting EXE's: C97QDML.exe C97QEML.exe C97QFML.exe C97RWML.exe I've found some information on the iSeries infocenter on creating image catalogs. ...

  1. PortalExpress 6 on i5

    Anyone understand how to apply the PTF's from the Portal Express 6 downloads?

    I have four files. All of which are self extracting EXE's:
    C97QDML.exe
    C97QEML.exe
    C97QFML.exe
    C97RWML.exe

    I've found some information on the iSeries infocenter on creating image catalogs. I was able to create them with these four, but the PTF installation always failed as it said it could not read the files. There is really no explanation of how to use these, and they are not like the Fix Central, where you create save files. Any help anyone could give would be appreciated.

    Kenny Smith

  2. Re: PortalExpress 6 on i5

    Hello Kenny,

    In order to install these ptf's you can best burn them onto a cd. Please note you must use correct names for the CD's !!. If the CD not is what i5/OS expects installation will fail.

    when finished with burning the cd's copy the ptf cover letters (cpyptfcvr) en read the special instruction (dspptfcvr).

    You can install the ptf's with the commands GO PTF --> option 8 --> Install from opt01. You can apply most of these ptf's immediate, but read the cover letters to make sure.

    You also must run a command which allowes you to respond to messages in the QSYSOPR message queue to continue with the next CD. You can also find these instructions on the first CD in the readme folder.

    Joep Daandels -- Acuity

+ Reply to Thread