Portlet Exception : caused by method not found - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portlet Exception : caused by method not found - Websphere ; Here is the error: Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.xxxxx.user.mgt.session.UserManagementBusinessD elegate: method batchCreateUserRequestActivities(Ljav a/util/ArrayList V not found This is a method within a session bean in an EJB called from the portlet. This works fine in Unit testing and on our DEV ...

  1. Portlet Exception : caused by method not found

    Here is the error:
    Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.xxxxx.user.mgt.session.UserManagementBusinessD elegate: method batchCreateUserRequestActivities(Ljav
    a/util/ArrayListV not found

    This is a method within a session bean in an EJB called from the portlet. This works fine in Unit testing and on our DEV box. I have verified that the correct EAR is installed on the PROD box,and the Client EJB jar is correct, but it seems to ignore it. Other methods within the session bean work fine.

    Ant suggestions are appreciated.

  2. Re: Portlet Exception : caused by method not found

    On Mar 1, 1:36 pm, wrote:
    > Here is the error:
    > Caused by: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.xxxxx.user.mgt.session.UserManagementBusinessD elegate: method batchCreateUserRequestActivities(Ljav
    > a/util/ArrayListV not found
    >
    > This is a method within a session bean in an EJB called from the portlet. This works fine in Unit testing and on our DEV box. I have verified that the correct EAR is installed on the PROD box,and the Client EJB jar is correct, but it seems to ignore it. Other methods within the session bean work fine.
    >
    > Ant suggestions are appreciated.

    You clearly have a classloading issue. The compiler is finding the
    class, but not the method. You must have multiple versions of the
    class on the classpath, and the JVM is picking up the older class that
    doesn't have the updated method.

    You need some schooling on classloaders. (get
    it...schooling...class...nevermind).

    Here's a little something I wrote on WebSphere Classloaders, and how
    you can try out some classloading configurations to help solve these
    types of J2EE classloading problems:

    http://www.technicalfacilitation.com...k=classloading

    I hope this helps!

    -Cameron McKenzie

    Author of What is WebSphere? and the SCJA Certification Guides
    Free Mock SCJA Exams: http://www.scja.com
    Free WebSphere Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/j2ee/index.jsp
    Free Portlet Development Tutorials: http://studyguides.scja.com/jsr168/index.jsp

+ Reply to Thread